Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2002, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Default Bermuda!

Has anyone been on the Zenith or Horizon for the 7 day Bermuda cruise out of NYC? We're wanting to take our parents for their 50th anniversary. If anyone has some good info on either of these cruises, I'd really appreciate it. THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2002, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Bermuda!

Very enjoyable, very relaxing cruise !!! Both "sisters" are very welcoming ships.

Old April 23rd, 2002, 11:20 AM
DickT

We took the Zenith to Bermuda last May. I remember thinking how much my parents would have enjoyed it. They did many things while alive, but never took a cruise. Yours is a fine idea and Bermuda is a great destination. I do think earlier in the season is better. (Fewer kids and better weather).
Old April 23rd, 2002, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Bermuda!

Were you on my cruise Memorial Day weekend last year? Zenith and Horizon are both great little ships. Nice manageable size. Bermuda is probably the best cruise destination you can sail to on a 7 day. Go over to the destinations section and go to Other. I recently answered someones question on what to do and see. Friends just got off Zenith last week and report she is in great shape. Enjoy your cruise.
Old April 23rd, 2002, 03:00 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

We sailed the Zenith to Bermuda in 1999 & she's a great ship. I think of the four ships sailing from New York, the Horizon or Zenith are the best choice, but I'm partial to Celebrity. I understand that Bermuda has a street fair in Hamilton on Wednesday nights during the summer months and I think that Horizon is in Hamilton on Wednesdays. Though we've never sailed on Horizon, she's almost identical to Zenith except she doesn't have hot tubs.
I agree that Bermuda is the best seven day cruise. The island is immaculate and the people are the friendliest and the beaches are the best.
New York City is the most beautiful port to sail from, with the skyline and the Statue of Liberty in the harbor. I'm sure it's even more emotional with the absence of the World Trade Towers.
Hope you and your parents enjoy your cruise!!
Old April 23rd, 2002, 03:52 PM
kc

Sailed on the Horizon last october to Bermuda, but they changed from new york to philadelphia due to 9/11. It was our first cruise ever, and it was fantastic. If you want to know which one you should take? Take the Horizon, because they give each person in the cabin a $50 gift card to spend in Bermuda. The Zenith doesnt do that. I heard that the 2 ships are identical, so why not get the extra $50? I thought the Horizon was great, the ship looked great, the cabins were great, the food was great, and the service was great. I was on the europa deck, which is close to the bottom, and our cabin was a perfect size, not big, and not small. There was 2 of us in the cabin, and I felt that even if there were 3 of us, we still would have had plenty of room. If you have any specific questions about the ship, feel free to e mail me , and I will answer all your questions.
keithc29@aol.com
Old April 23rd, 2002, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Thanks for all your great comments! Now, when will they have next years' sailing schedule available?
Old April 23rd, 2002, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Bermuda!

Don't wait, go this year and again next year. There's plenty to do if you go twice.
Old April 23rd, 2002, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Great advice Bill!! But, we're doing Alaska this summer.....I can't wait!
Old April 23rd, 2002, 07:50 PM
bug_dan

We did the Horizon in Sept of 2000, going again this Sept, same time almost. Bermuda is a great destination, not sure whether we'll be able to sail out of New York without a lump in the throat when we pass the site of the WTC.

Dan
Old April 23rd, 2002, 10:07 PM
Admiral

When we went up to Newark on our way to the Ruins Tour, I totally lost it when the towers, which had been such a part of my life, were not where they were supposed to be.

Two friends lost loved ones, another friend's husband walked away. But it really didn't hit me until I saw the ABSENCE.