Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Melania

Default Returned from the Galaxy

I just returned from the Galaxy on the Baltimore sailing. Had a wonderful cruise and have decided the longer the cruise the better it is! This was my first 11 night cruise, have taken several 7 day cruises with Celebrity. Weather was not good but there was plenty to do onboard the ship. Please e mail me with specific questions I will be happy to answer them.
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2003, 09:51 AM
Rich&Natalia

Default Re: Returned from the Galaxy

My wife and I will be on the Galaxy in October. Had couple of questions for you:

-What's there to do onboard during the day besides the pool and the bar?
-Any shows/events we shouldn't miss?
-Do they have a soda card? How much and how does it work?

Thanks in advance,
Rich
Old April 21st, 2003, 05:10 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Barbaralee

Rich

Look at Buil Chamless post that says Activities Sheet added on the postings-he has the actual daily activity sheets for display from his trip on Galaxy-tons of stuff to do!
Barb
Old April 21st, 2003, 06:50 PM
Melania

Rich,

There was quite a bit to do on the Galaxy while the ship was at sea. I did the wine tasting, dance classes, rum and vodka tasting, talent shows, bingo and a ton of other events. You will not be bored at all. We had a lot of rain on the trip so be prepared just in case.

Went to one of the shows but never made it back to the others.

The soda card is available but not sure how much that is.

Enjoy your trip,
Melanie
Old April 22nd, 2003, 06:47 AM
Rich&Natalia

Default Re: Re: Returned from the Galaxy

Thanks for the 411 guys.
Old April 22nd, 2003, 06:42 PM
Passenger

Also just returned from the 11night Galaxy and loved it. 11 days is perfect~ feel free to email me with any questions. Highly recommend this boat!+
Old May 30th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

my wife and I are sailing 7/21/03; we are going to st thomas, puerto rico, st martin. do you have any suggestions on good places to eat, shop, and snorkle at these stops? any tours to avoid? are the islands of st tomas and st martin mountainous?
Old May 31st, 2003, 05:49 PM
Melania

In St Thomas we had lunch at the Greenhouse downtown. This is a nice place with good food. Shopping is wonderful in St Thomas, downtown has everything. Also the Havensight mall is also good which is close to the ship.

In Puerto Rico we just had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and walked around Old San Juan. It was nice but the next time I would do something a bit different. I heard the Bacardi tour was fun. Someone else went to the rain forest excursion and really did not care for it.

The ship did not dock in St Martin due to a medical emergency.
Old May 31st, 2003, 10:35 PM
ertimariu

Thanks for stating that you recommend the "Galaxy" , my family is sailing on the 10/3 out of Baltimore. How is the embarkment procedures now, have they gotten any better? Did you get greeted with the champagne upon entering the ship?
What cabin did you stay in and how was it? We're in cabin 1240, looking forward to the larger verandah, any idea what that cabin is like, I've asked previously on this board and have had no responses to it. Were there any cabin upgrading going on that you saw or heard of or that you did yourself?

How were the meals, I've read good and not so good things about the meals, what did you think of them? What was your favorite dinner that you can recommend to try.

Who was your cruise director and were they personable? I have a million questions, when I think of them, I'll post again. Thank you in advance for any input that you can give. Have you written a review of your cruise experience, hope you do so we can all enjoy your trip!!!!
Old June 1st, 2003, 03:01 PM
Melania

The embarkation procedures were smooth. Ours was delayed a bit since the ship was late docking. We arrived on the ship around 1:45 pm. The rebranding was not into effect so no champagne was given while embarking.

I believe my cabin was 8034 or 8035. I actually got a 5 category upgrade since there was a problem with my original cabin. Guest relations called me and told me I had to switch cabins since there was some sort of an issue. I was thrilled with the upgrade since I originally had an inside cabin and I was upgraded to an outside cabin.

I enjoyed all the food on the ship very much. I liked the new theme buffet lunches that they had in the aft section of the ship. These are a must do! Dinner food was excellent, I did not have a bad meal once. My favorite food were the quails, they were delicious!

Feel free to e mail me with other questions.
Old June 3rd, 2003, 09:31 AM
Alec Ruthven

Great info.
We are sailing out of Baltimore on the 29th June.
One question?
Being a Scotsman would the formal highland wear of kilt sporran etc be ok?? for the formal nights.
Any info welcome.
Cheers Alec
Old June 3rd, 2003, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Formal highland dress would be perfectly acceptable for formal night. In fact, I'm sorry I won't be on that cruise, as I adore seeing a man in a kilt.

Have a great cruise.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old June 3rd, 2003, 10:36 PM
Ginnie

Alec
Are you sure that you are sailing out of Baltimore on June 29, as we are sailing from Baltimore on June 30 on board the Galaxy.
I'll keep an eye open for you on formal night, as I also like men in kilts.
Happy Cruising, Ginnie
Old June 10th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Passenger

On our May 30-Jun 9 Galaxy sailing we saw one fellow in a kilt, which people found perfectly acceptable.