CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Cruisemates Millennium class review (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/208557-cruisemates-millennium-class-review.html)

celebrity fan May 5th, 2002 10:57 AM

Cruisemates Millennium class review

I love the Millennium class ships and to see this website talk false about them saddens me.

At 91,000 tons, the focal point of these new ships is a soaring 11-deck atrium

That was found on the cruisemates Millennium/Infinity/Summit/Constellation review. The Millennium class ships are not tacky like Carnival and do not have a "soaring 11-deck atrium."

I THOUGH THIS WAS A PROFESIONAL WEBSITE!

pamda May 5th, 2002 02:29 PM

Re: Cruisemates Millennium class review

Hi, Celebrity Fan (I am one, too ...)

This IS a very professional website populated by a very fine and professional staff and I am proud to be part of it.

Wouldn't it have been nicer to ask if a mistake had been made rather than attacking?

celebrity fan May 5th, 2002 06:18 PM

Re: Re: Cruisemates Millennium class review

Actually no... This is more of a recreation website rather than a professional website in my opinion. If this truly were a professional website, you would have people editing the pages constantly. I have waited for people to change that page for over a year and cruisemates never has. That means that professionals who know much about the ships have not looked over the reviews. Itís quite sad to think of all the people who have read that and believed that. It shows that who ever wrote that review had probably not been on a Millennium-class ship, and did not even go through the proper sources to find the correct info. I love this website too but I can't stand to see lies about my favorite vessels that I have spent over 40 nights on. If this site has all professional staff, than how come the staff member who wrote that review lied? I don't mean to downgrade this website and I'm sorry that I reacted in that way but just give correct information for a GREAT WEBSITE LIKE THIS.

Thank you

Kuki May 5th, 2002 07:23 PM

I went and had a look. No question there's been a mistake. But it's not in the ship's review. It's located in the company overview, which wouldn't be changed very often at all.
So, not that surprising that if an error was made, it wasn't picked up before it was pointed out.

Mistakes occur. I recall seeing a show on TV, showing goofs in various movies. Think it was Ben Hur, or perhaps some other historical production, and one of the actors was wearing a watch.

BTW...I also love the Millenium Class ships. Can't wait to board the Summit next week, but I also really like nice open atriums. One of the features of Carnival and RCI ships that appeal to me.

pamda May 6th, 2002 01:54 PM

Fan,

I saw the mistake, too, after you pointed it out.

It was a good catch.

I agree with Kuki, mistakes do happen ... far better someone writing about an atrium than a thoracic surgeon, though !

I once put a lounge on the wrong side of a ship and was criticized because it was "obvious" that I'd never been on the ship.

pamda

Benjamin Smith May 11th, 2002 11:33 AM

Any "review" or "overview" that states that any Celebrity ship has a "soaring atrium" should be fixed.

This is a glaring and embarassing error, and totally misrepresents their ships.

I think atriums are no big deal and prefer Celebrity's 3 and 4 deck Grand Foyers.