Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Passenger

Default Vibration

I'm sailing to Hawaii on the Infinity in September. Has the infamous vibration problem on the Millennium Class ships been resolved? I really didn't feel it badly on my half month trip on the Millennium to Russia, Scandinavia and Northern Europe in 2000.
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2002, 05:06 AM
David C.

Default Re: Vibration

We stayed in an aft cabin on the Infinity this past February. The only vibrations that we felt were during port maneuvers and when it occurred, it was very very minimal. The vibrations were significantly less than the vibrations that similarly occur with the Century-class ships.
Old May 17th, 2002, 02:12 PM
AR

Just back from the Summit and you can also feel it on the lower decks just above the screws when running at top speed. We had a table in the dining room about as far back as you could go by the windows and you could feel it when we were making 20 knots and above during the crossing to Hawaii. Later, at slower speeds around the Islands, you couldn't feel it at all.

But even at its worst it is no big deal.

AR
Old May 17th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Vibration

Well... I just cannot understand all this about "vibration". You are on a ship at sea... and a big one at that. Why people would expect that they would have the same rock solid feel as if they were in a land based hotel it beyond me. This is a ship... you are moving at something like 20 to 35 miles per hour... this is part of the excitement and wonder of being at sea. I read these posts over and over and just wonder what in the world someone embarking upon a ship for the first time expects. Sure... some have more movement than others... some have more advanced propulsion systems than others... and on and on... being on a ship is wonderful... at least to many of us.
Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:45 PM
Joe Reynolds

Cliff,
My wife and I have been in stern cabins by choice on the Millennium and the Summit and have noticed no vibrations. When the ship is docking or turning on it's own axis, the pods are at 90 degrees and there will be some vibration. After all you are moving a 90,000 GRT ship sideways. The captain has to sometimes rev up the props when docking and there will be some vibration. There is increased vibration when docking with the standard shaft turbine or diesel also.
These pods are still fairly new, but they really are wonderful when working properly.
Joe