Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2002, 08:56 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to gnarly
Default Indoor Pool

Hi, I have heard that their is an Indoor Pool on the Infinity. I also heard that their is an age limit on this pool. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2002, 09:20 PM
Babette

Default Re: Indoor Pool

The "indoor" pool... is the thalassotherapy pool. It is covered by a removeable roof... which never is removed. Because the thalassotherapy pool is an integral part of the Spa, it is limited to Adults 18+.

Unfortunately, on Alaska itineraries where the weather could be bad, it would be the only swimming option.
Old May 23rd, 2002, 11:52 PM
Ray Dooley

The Millennium class ships, which includes the Infinity have what is called a Therapalossy pool (spelling is terribly wrong!!) which there was a big to-do about at this time last year. I was on the Infinity last August to Alaska, People were complaining in the spring that Celebrity had began to charge a $15 daily fee to use the pool ( it has jet streams and metal rollers you lay on and get massaged by the water but swimming is prohibited and I think the age limit was 18 to keep out children. Well so many people complained because the brochure said it was free. My TA and others received a credit from celebrity, between $50 a person and some said up to $100. Anyway, in the end Celebrity caved in and agreed not to charge. Truth is kids went in, people did swim but it was nice and not usually too crowded especially after 4PM, it was nice to go in for an hour before dinner. It was also great since the Alaskan cruise is usually too cool for the outdoor pool. I am going on the Millie this summer and look forward to it again. I haven't heard that they have decided to charge but it's possible.
Old May 24th, 2002, 12:56 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

No charge for the T-pool onthe Millie class ships, and it is 18+.