Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2002, 08:59 AM
maryk

Default Celebrity in Europe in 2003

Anyone know what Celebrity's plans are for Transatlantic and European cruises for 2003? Nothing is on their site yet, nor does there appear to be any information on any other sites. While on the Summit I spoke to the Future Cruise person and she said that Celebrity was planning on 3 ships on Europe next year. So, what's the delay in publishing their itenararies?
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2002, 09:23 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Celebrity in Europe in 2003

I just got off the Glaxy from 11 days yesterday in Canada and New England... The Century, and Constellation will all be in Europe in 2003 and pricing is now availible.

Food quality and selection at Celebrity continues to decline..... After 9 Celebrity cruises we will be sailing someone else next cruise.

Dining room service was truly outstanding, but that doen't make up for very average food and poor selection and bland taste of food offered.
( I wish I didn't have to report this, but anyone that has traveled Celebrity for a few years will be disapointed in the current meals now being served)
Old June 10th, 2002, 06:33 AM
maryk

Default Re: Re: Celebrity in Europe in 2003

Thanks for your response. However, no websites that I've searched, including Celebrity's, lists the itenerary or cost for next year's transatlantic yet. I always check the websites before I book so that way I know the itenerary and cost.

I am sorry that your recent experiences on Celebrity have not been good. I've been debating a little myself as to whether to give HAL a try. After 7 cruises with Celebrity, and will be going on our 8th this October, it's hard to switch. And yes, I've noticed a little decline but not a sharp one.
Old June 10th, 2002, 01:46 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Re: Re: Celebrity in Europe in 2003

I got the ship info(2003 sailings for Transatlantic) while aboard the ship from the"future cruise consultant aboard the ship).

The transatlantic are as follows
Century 15day /may 17, 2003 ft lauderdale-civitavecchia
return oct 19th 13day barcelonia-ft lauderdale

Constellation
14day april 26-sanjuan-dover(england)
return oct 24th 15day barcelonia-san juan

Millennium / 15night may 17/ flt laudersale -barcelona
return
oct 26th 14 night barcelonia-ft lauderdale

Hope this info helps you.
Old June 10th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

For a variety of reasons I don't think ANY of the cruise lines are consistent throughout their fleets. One reason I like to keep moving around I guess.

David.. you must have visited the future cruise consultant onboard before dinner<G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 11th, 2002, 06:09 AM
maryk

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrity in Europe in 2003

Many thanks David. I've got my TA already giving me quotes.
Old June 14th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Passenger

We just returned from the Constellation and found just the opposite; in our estimation the food was excellent in the San Marco Dining Room. Even in the Seaside Cafe we felt the choice and quality had improved, we're not fans of buffets but was always able to find something to our liking. Perhaps it varies from ship to ship but poor quality isn't throughout the fleet.

Pat
Old June 14th, 2002, 04:43 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Re: Re: Celebrity in Europe in 2003

Just curious...how many ships on Celebrity and how long have you cruised with them.? I can only base our recent opinion on the last 2 cruises(within the last year) and the fact that we have sailed with them 9 previous times and started when the line was Chandris. Granted, you can't live in the past.....but even my two teenage kids have recognized the selection and quality(not to mention portion)of Celebrity food has decreased and is "nothing special" any more.
We have continued to sail Celebrity as we feel they still offer a "good" product, but the line made there reputation on food and we just don't see it on any of the recent cruises we have sailed.
I can truthfully say we had the best waiter and bussboy ever on the Galaxy during our recent 11 day cruise.( and we are considering 38 previous cruises on lots of lines and different ships over many years of cruising).
Maybe its time to return to Princess or give HAL a try. We have not tried HAL( always felt we would be too young for some of the senior citizen brigade that they often attract, but who knows . The Galaxy was recently filled to the brim with old folks and the average age was 68. I would just prefer a wider variety of passenger ages.
Old June 14th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrity in Europe in 2003

You have more experience with Celebrity than we do; although we've done 23 cruises only four have been with Celebrity, the first being in "92" on the Zenith followed by the Century in "99", the Infinity in "01" and our latest on the Constellation. We much prefer the "Millie" class ships, booked on the Summit in February.

Our other cruises have been with Princess, RCI and one HAL but have always felt Celebrity had the lead in the culinary department. Sailed the Ocean Princess in February and while we truly enjoyed "Personal Choice Dining" and excellent service, food in the dining room was good but paled to Celebrity, the buffet area was almost inedible and poorly presented.

Our cruise with HAL was shortly after Carnival bought them and they seemed to be somewhere in limbo at the time and not high marks for their food but would definitely give them another try, their ships are quite lovely. As you mention they do draw an older crown. Our Ocean sailing was much older also but ten days was the draw.

Pat
Old June 21st, 2002, 09:27 PM
Babette

Default Re: Celebrity in Europe in 2003

There will be three ships in Europe next year. Constellation, Millennium and Century.
Some of the transat pricing is now available on Celebrity's site. The rest is yet to come.

Give the guys in revenue a chance. A lot of Century's schedule is brand new for Celebrity!! It'll be out before you know it.

Regarding the food...well I've got 23 Celebrity cruises under my belt....7 of them between April 2001 and April 2002......there has been a dramatic decline in the quality of foodstuffs and the talent in the kitchen. I sailed Century, Zenith, Millennium, Summit and Galaxy. Zenith and Century twice each.