Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Passenger

Default Seattle to Vancouver port

We are going on the Infinity June 28th and are flying into and out of Seattle. Any suggestions on the best way to get from downtown Seattle to the port in Vancouver? Also, how do we get from downtown Vancouver to SEA airport?
Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2002, 09:31 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Seattle to Vancouver port

Quick shuttle operates a shuttle service between Seattle and the port of Vancouver. They have a one nonstop each day from the port of Vancouver to SEA, and several other runs that make stops in between ( including downtown Seattle) Just used it for our recent Summit cruise and it was very punctual. You can view their site at www.quickcoach.com
Happy crusing to you! Nancy
Old June 10th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Ray Dooley

We are from New York and took the Infinity to Alaska last August and had the same questions. In the end we figured we prefer the warm weather cruises and probablt wouldn't be up the seattle way or Vancouver again or at least for a while. SO... we decided to take another week off and flew into Seattle, rented a mini van (not very expensive for 2 weeks), spent 2 days in Seattle, drove to Victoria (took van on ferry), 3 days in victoria, drove to Vancouver and spent 2 days before the cruise. We parked at the Cruise Park next to the ship ($49 for the week). It was a magnificient time, not really all that more expensive if you have the time (alot of it in Canadian dollars - cheaper!!). We were two couples so it saved dragging bags all around, from seattle airport to the bus or train to vancouver and so on. It's 11 days on the Millie in the caribbean this August but you will love Alaska, magnificient unbelievable beauty (the helicopter to the glacier was also a treat!!) Have a great time
Old June 10th, 2002, 09:14 PM
Admiral

I might suggest that you look into taking the Amtrak train. We did so from Vancouver to Seattle and it was wonderful! The views are fantastic and the train itself is clean and comfortable. It only costs is $34 each for first class! There are a couple of runs usung a bus and one each way using the train and both are the same costs, I highly recommend the train.
Jim

Old June 11th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Carole Dunham

I agree with Jim. I did the train from Seattle to Vancouver and it was gorgeous. You need to fly into Seattlel the day before, however, since the train leaves around 7:00AM. But Seattle is a fabulous city. If I knew more people there I would LOVE to live there.

Carole
Old June 15th, 2002, 02:16 AM
psboden

It is about a 3 hour drive to Vancouver from Seattle, so you'll have to rent a care most likely. You could check out Amtrak and Greyhound and see if they go at the right times for you. As far as I know there's no shuttle or anything. It's a gorgeous drive though!