Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2002, 02:23 PM
First Mate

Default question on eastern caribb.

We are booked on the 11 night eastern caribb. out of Baltimore (St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Jaun, Nassua) This is my first time down to the Carribean and I was wondering if when in port you walk right off the ship onto the island or you have to get on smaller boat to get to the port? Please let me know, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: question on eastern caribb.

Hi Jim,
Usually in all the ports you are going to you will be able to just dock. If for some reason there are a lot of ship, sometimes you have to tender in St. Maartens. WE were there earlier this year and while we were able to dock, there were a few ships that had to tender there.

I did notice when I checked out itinary on the Princess site, they did note when you had to tender, so depending on what ship you are on, you may want to check the web-site of the cruiseline you will be taking and see if they mention any possible tendering. If there is and you are signed up for a shore excursion, you will be one of the first off the ship, otherwise you may have a short wait, its no big deal, but plan accordingly.

You may want to check out Paradise Island and Atlantis when you are in Nassau, its something worth seeing if you haven't alreay, you can do it on your own or take a tour with the cruiseline, but the "dig" and the aquarium are amazing!

What ship are you going on?

Post Edited (06-16-02 15:40)

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 17th, 2002, 08:23 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: question on eastern caribb.

Thanks for the info. I will be sailing on the Galaxy on July 8th.
Old June 17th, 2002, 08:28 PM
jgnova

Default Re: Re: Re: question on eastern caribb.

I heard the same thing about seeing the Atlantis -- it's been a lot of years since we were on Paradise Island -- we switched to Jamaica a while back. We'll be on the July 8 Galaxy as well. There's quite a "collection" of folks on cruisecritics.com discussing a meeting place to get together, probably Tuesday a.m., if you want to check it out.

S