Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Beginner

Default Infinty Hawaii

Hi,

Can any one give me any info on the Sky Suites on the Infinty? I have booked 3 of these cabins and I do not want to disappoint the family, we have sailed on Princess (mini-suites) 3 times and Holland American (Suites) several times. I just want to make sure that there is plenty of room for an 11 night trip, we are in 6145, 6146 and 6130. Also has anybody been on this cruise lately and can fill me in on what to expect.... Also how is the food and how formal is the ship.

I appreciate any feedback and thanks in advance, DEBI_D
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Re: Infinty Hawaii

Hello Debi,

We were in a Sky Suite (9103) on the Summit, sister ship to Millie and Infinity. The cabin is approx 250 sq ft plus the balcony. The balcony had teak deck and teak furniture with nice thick pads. The cabin is spacious with plenty of storage for hanging clothes. Lots of shelves.

Butler service is wonderful. We ate breakfast everyday in the cabin. Snacks, cookies tea or coffee automatically brought everyday in the afternoon.

Not sure what Princess ship you were on with a mini suite. The Sun class ships have larger mini suites than the Infinity. But overall the Sky Suite will keep you spoiled.

The food was very good in the dinning room. The buffet is just that and pretty well is the same as other cruise lines we have sailed. I think you will find Celebrity and Princess a good match when it comes to formal of the ship.

Old June 19th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Infinty Hawaii

We had sky suite 6128 on sister ship Millenium and it was very nice and spacious.
This past year we had a mini suite on Princess Dawn. Our deck on the Dawn was twice the size of Mille, but then we only used half of it. I really liked the room set up better and the bathroom on the Dawn. We like Celeb better over-all, but not by much.
Hope that helps a little. Phyll
Old June 19th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Admiral

By the way, when are you doing the Infinity Hawaii trip? We are booked in 6132 for the April 3, 2003 Hawaiian cruise. Phyll
Old June 19th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Kwaj girl

We were originally booked in 6145 for a cruise we had to subsequently cancel due to WORK! We selected that cabin with input from other boards (see cruisecritic.com and use 6145 or 6146 in the "search" function) since it (as well as 6146) is larger and more nicely decorated than the other Sky Suites on that deck. The reason for this is because it is a connecting cabin to the penthouse next-door; as they are sometimes sold together for families traveling together, they wanted the decor to match so that the sky suite occupnats would not feel like the "poor relatives". The balcony will be longer than the other sky suites and partly covered by a white tarp-like cover. There will be room for 2 loungers but you'll have to ask your steward or butler for them when you arrive (only 2 small plastic chairs and a small table are usually there). There are 2 drawbacks to these suites: there is only a single swinging-glass door to the balcony (no double sliders or other floor-to-ceiling windows) so there may not be as much light as you might care for AND the connecting door to the penthouse could be a problem if they happen to be noisy (not much sound insulation in the door) or the seepage of cigarette smoke from it could also bother you. There are lots of photos in the cruise@ddicts and cruisecritics websites of the outsides of the ship from various angles to give you more specifics.