Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2002, 08:38 AM
Harry F

Default Manhattan Restaurant

Is there a place to sit in the restaurant on the Mercury that may be preferable? I understand that there are some 2 story windows. Is it possible to have table assignments changed once on board? Just trying to get the most out of my first cruise.
Thanks for the responses!!!!

Harry
63 Days Mercury Inside Passage
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2002, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Manhattan Restaurant

Hi, Harry ...

You can change tables if there are places available. The dining room staff will probably be hanging around in a lounge when you board and if you ask nicely they will show you your assigned table and what is available if you don't like it.

Have a great first cruise !!!

Old June 23rd, 2002, 12:40 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Re: Manhattan Restaurant

On the Mercury the tables that ajoin the two story picures windows are all the way to the back of the dining rom. The vibration(i have sat st at some of these large tables ) is very noticeable and you will get the"feel" of the propellers here more than any location on the whole ship.
Just an FYI.
Enjoy the Merc its a great ship.
Old June 24th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Any window seat will give you some kind of view, the vibration comment is correct, however, not enough to get the table changed if you end up in the back. These tables also have a private feel to them as you are not completely surrounded by other tables. We sat in a table for eight in the far starboard side stern for 14 days and this was fine.
Anywhere in this dining room is really ok. One of the most comfortable I have ever had on any sailing. Quite nicely decorated as well.
Old June 28th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Babette

My preference would be the upper level at the rail... overlooking the lower level.
I have sat everywhere... and the LAST PLACE I want to be is aft on the lower level.
I'll sit at the Captain's Table one time per cruise... but give me the upper level.

The poor Captain has the worst seat in the dining room.