Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Beginner

Default W Caribb Excursions

We're on the 7/20 Century and want to make the most of the time on shore -- not just hitting local markets, but getting out and about, maybe doing some fishing (if that's even an option) and exploring some. Our CB site has some excursion options, but I wanted to know what you all have done that really stood out - that helped make the trip special.

It's my first cruise (my wife's done a 3-day Carnival, but that's it) but we've travelled extensively so we're not timid about getting out and about.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: W Caribb Excursions

Hi Cborlando,
Just be sure to take a trip to Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman, either with a ship excursion or on your own, but its worth the time, one of the best tours in the Western Caribbean. Have heard a lot of cruisers that have been very happy with booking this through Capt. Marvin:

http://www.captainmarvins.com/

Are there any other things you are thinking about seeing/doing? There are some more private tour companies that may be what you are looking for. What ship are you cruising on?

Have fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 26th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Passenger

I Completely agree with the previous response. Stingray City in the Cayman Islands was the BEST part of our honeymoon. The first part of the tour took us around the island. We stopped at the Tortuga Turtles to see them. From a few inches big to monsters, they had them all. Our next stop was at Hell. Yup you heard it right, Hell. My hubby and I bought postcards and sent them to our folks postmarked from Hell! I even bought a t-shirt that said "i went to hell and back for this t-shirt"
The last stop took us to the other side of the island, where we boarded a boat and headed out to Stingray City. There were lots of other ppl around..but not too many that you coudlnt' enjoy yourself. It's a littls scary at first, cause the stingray's come right up and brush their undersides against you, but there is something to be said for floating along and having them float just inches below you, matching your every move. It's spectacular. I didn't want that day to end..

PS. Bring sunblock..i burnt to a crisp out on that reflecting water!
Where other ports are you visiting?

Nicole
Old June 26th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: W Caribb Excursions

Donna -
We're sailing on the Century on the 20th, and we're VERY open to alternate tour operators... It's been our experience that the best tours are rarely those that are advertised the most...
As it stands, we have no concrete plans, so I'm hoping that responses to this thread will help determine how we'll be spending our excusion time.
I would like to try bonefishing while we're in the Caymans, maybe some backcountry forays from Ocho Rios... and I'd read about a ferry to a less populated island for our Mexico stop.

Your thoughts??

- - And thanks for responding!

- Chuck
Old June 26th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Beginner

Nicole --
Our ports are: Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Key West, and we're on the 7/20 Century.
It sounds like swimming with the stingrays made for an awesome day -- any other recommendations??? We're still trying to put together the BEST options...

Thanks!

- Chuck
Old June 26th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: W Caribb Excursions

I agree that Stingray City is a must! Also, Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica & snorkeling at Palancar Reef in Cozumel. Have a great time!
Old June 26th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Chuck,
You can also check out this site and see if there is any excursions that may interst you, have heard a lot of good things about going with them:

http://www.portpromotions.com/

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 29th, 2002, 11:01 PM
JenniferGordon

Default Stingray City & Red Baron

We were in cayman last month and booked our own excursion online with Red Baron Charter as we heard amazing reviews. It was better than I'd hoped.We sail to stingray city and we got to help sail (I'd never done it before, it was great). What an experience!!! We stop and snorkel in a few locations and then check out the stingrays...excited. I felt like I was on my own private yauht as we pulled up to stingray city and saw everyone crammed on the other boats. We were treated so well by Neil and Mikey. I wish we could do it again tomorrow. Something to be said about personal service....decadance.

We found them online at Red Baron Stingray City Charters We booked online with them. Don't forget to mention the coupon to save 10%
Old July 1st, 2002, 08:56 PM
Beginner

I'm not replying to this message, but do you have any girls age13 to 15
Old July 5th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: W Caribb Excursions

do you have any kids? I am going on the same cruise you are , and I have 2 daughters, 11 and 13.
Old July 9th, 2002, 12:00 AM
First Mate

We have 5 kids - ages 4 to 10, but they're staying home this time ...