Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2002, 06:42 PM
First Mate

Default Summit - disembarkation

Our Summit cruise returns to Fort Lauderdale at 7:00a.m. There is a flight home leaving at 11:00 a.m. Is it reasonable to think we can disembark and get to our flight on time? We are Captain's Club members and Celebrity promises first class departing privileges.
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2002, 08:58 PM
AR

Default Re: Summit - disembarkation

Since it's a 10 minute ride to the airport if traffic is real heavy, sounds like a mortal lock to me.

AR
Old July 30th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Summit - disembarkation

We are Capt's Club members and we had a 10:25AM flight from Ft Lauderdale when we sailed Mille this past April and we made it in plenty of time.....Not to worry!
Old July 30th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Summit - disembarkation

If you are a "worrier", I would never book a flight before noon on the day of arrival.
You have no control over the arrival of the ship, nor of the time customs may take in
clearing it. In addition, the off loading of all the luggage and arranging it in the terminal
can be a lengthy process. Rather than have a sad ending to a great cruise, allow
yourself plenty of time. This advice after fifteen cruises.
Old July 31st, 2002, 10:33 AM
AR

Default Re: Re: Re: Summit - disembarkation

All this may be true, but delays that would cause you to miss an 11:00 flight from FLL are so rare that they need not be factored in. Anything can happen, but prudent planning involves analyzing the odds and acting accordingly. In a few recent personal experiences, CC members have been cleared to leave almost literally before my morning coffee could wake me up.

Let's face it, they HAVE to get people off earlier and earlier to accommodate what seems to be the ever-increasing numbers who, based on postings here, routinely arrive well before the published boarding time and expect to be invited on board--and usually are. By the time you step on your 11:00 plane, the odds are overwhelming that new passengers will already be on the ship.

Finally, if the very worst should happen and you miss the flight for some reason, there will be another one later. I think it's a stretch to call missing a flight a "sad ending" when it's really nothing more than an annoyance. If you plan for every conceivable irregularity you'll spend half your life waiting around.

AR