Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2002, 01:41 PM
Longboysfan

Default Would you say your addicted to Cruising

Where this is just about the only type of vacation you would take.
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2002, 04:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Would you say your addicted to Cruising

Wow, you are exactly correct. My wife and I actually do nothing but cruises. It's truly the good live.
Old August 1st, 2002, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Would you say your addicted to Cruising

WE do too, seems the only way we love to travel, a good deal too, much less stress-free than regular land vacations!

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 1st, 2002, 08:47 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Would you say your addicted to Cruising

We are so addicted I have put off getting new carpet just so we can cruise more often.
Old August 2nd, 2002, 12:26 PM
Admiral

My name is Mary Lou and I'm a cruise-aholic........

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old August 3rd, 2002, 11:56 AM
AR

If that's your definition, then count me OUT.

We love to cruise, but more than that, we love to travel.

This year we returned to Palm Springs and revisited California's high desert and Joshua Tree National Park, one of our favorite places (and not served by any cruise line I know of). If you're very quiet up there, you really understand what the "sounds of silence" are. It is beautiful and inspirational. We just got back from a very long weekend in New York. We spent two weeks in Florida and another in a condo on Grand Cayman (we went by air), and waved at all the ships coming and going from our perch on the beach. We even went to Las Vegas for the first time in about ten years, just to see all the new stuff and giggle at the over-the-top garishness. We're planning an African safari for the fall. We may also do a riverboat trip from Amsterdam before the year is over (I guess maybe that's cruising).

Plus, we've done two cruises in the last year.

To each his own, but I can't imagine confining one's view of the world to seaports and day trips from a ship. In fact, we tend to use cruise stops as a way to decide whether this is a place we really want to see. If so, we put it on the list for a non-cruise return visit. That's what got us to Grand Cayman, and it's why we flew out to spend a couple weeks in Vancouver a couple years ago. My wife liked what she saw in Milan while there on business, so after a Med cruise that ended in Genoa, we scooted up there for four or five days. We often factor in cruise departure and arrival cities (and places nearby) in terms of their attractiveness for extended pre-and/or post cruise stays. We almost always add days at one or both ends.

As good as cruises are they're limiting in obvious ways, and we prefer a more comprehensive and more detailed view of things.

AR
Old August 4th, 2002, 04:14 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Re: Would you say your addicted to Cruising

Its cruising for us......40 plus cruises and counting.....no tour can offer the consistantly good service and food and relaxation that cruises do. Hey...if we never even get off the ship, we have had a great vacation. Checking into and out of Hotels and renting cars and the hastle of unknown restaurants isn't a vacation. Its just more hastle and thats what we are trying to get away from by taking a vacation. I too understand wanting to explore some cities and places in more depth than a shore tour, but for relaxation to this family...cruising is it.........Yes were addicted......
Old August 5th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Captain

I am addicted to cruising and will cruise as often as I can but I do still like other types of vacations. I will gladly take a vacation just sitting at my cabin on the lake or taking time to canoe and camp.