Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2002, 09:51 PM
Passenger

Default Dazed & Confused

Good Afternoon!

I have scoured all the boards and have still been left with some confusion regarding Celebrity Millenium Dining.
I have a specific question that needs clearing up.

Main Diningroom: open seating for breakfast & lunch..assigned seating for dinner

Olympic: reservations

Ocean Grill & Ocean Cafe: here is my confusion.
How does the whole process work. I have heard that you need reservations for dinner only, and only for the seating out on the teak deck outside. It is a partial table service atmosphere.
I've also heard that the buffet inside is just stand in line..go when you want..no reservations..but then have heard you have to reserve that too.
Is the outside table service that you order on a menu, but inside buffet?

If someone has gone on the Millenium and reads this post, please let me know how the whole process works with the Ocean Grill & cafe for the breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight buffets.

I've heard so many conflicting stories..please help ease my confusion! thank you!

Happy sailing
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2002, 07:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Dazed & Confused

Don t know the answer to your question but Im most interested in the responses. We will be on the Millie Sept 13-23, first cruise for us so interested in learning all we can before we sail. Hope someone respondes and clarifies the points you ve raised. Good question.

Little over a month to go.. Can t wait
Old August 2nd, 2002, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Hi ...

For breakfast and lunch, the Ocean Grill is just your basic buffet. Get in line, get your food and eat. (Hint: the two lines that are nearest the pool deck tend to be the longest. Take a cruise around to find the shortest line.

We reserved for the Ocean Grill for dinner one formal night on Millie. Salads, etc. are in the buffet line and entrees (order from the menu) are served at the table. There is no "buffet" per se.

We did not care for the atmosphere in the Ocean Grill at all. Not even tablecloths helped much. My husband jetted back to the cabin and changed into his tux.

I don't remember an option for outdoor seating. Because it is a public area of the ship, it seems unlikely that they would close it for dinner or have an outdoor dining option because of weather considerations.

I'm curious to know where you "heard" these things about the Ocean Grill.

As far as "open seating" for breakfast and lunch, on some ships (and I don't know if Millie is one or not) it's open seating but you are asked to take the same "shift" (i.e., early or late) as you have for dinner. This only happens on at-sea days if it happens at all.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Old August 3rd, 2002, 09:36 AM
Babette

Default Re: Re: Dazed & Confused

A little clarification on the dining room for breakfast and lunch.

During port days, it is open seating for breakfast and lunch. You can enter as you wish and sit where you wish during posted hours.

During sea days, it early or late seating (just like dinner). You eat at your assigned table during your seating (either early or late)

As for the Ocean Cafe.... reservations for dinner are accepted until 5 pm day of dining.
On Millie the area devoted to alternate dining is the very back.... center of the ship and portside. I suppose one could take their meals outside if they wanted to, but I did not see any wait staff on the back deck during dinner time. Also the tables in the Cafe are turned over about 4-4:30pm daily to accommodate the alternate diners... and I've never seen the outsides tables set.
Old August 3rd, 2002, 12:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Dazed & Confused

Quote:"
Also the tables in the Cafe are turned over about 4-4:30pm daily to accommodate the alternate diners... and I've never seen the outsides tables set.

What does this mean? turned over?
Old August 4th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

"turned over" means that they are prepared for dinner - tableclothes are put on them, flatware set out, etc.