Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2002, 09:54 AM
Jeff Coudriet

Default Sky Suite 6146 or 6145 on MILLIE - Covered or Not??

Ok gang,

I've read the various threads about whether the Sky Suite at the back of the ship near the Penthouse suite now has a covered balcony or not. (Yes, I know about the lack of a sliding glass door....)

I know in later M-class ships they have put an awning up, and it sounds like this balcony on the Millie has been retrofitted to have some covering. Is this correct?

A little covering is nice, but I also want a little "sky" in my Sky Suite so some direct sun is ok too, but a little covering is nice too. So my question is specifically about this cabin on Millie, not the later ships. Any advice out there? My TA has this Sky Suite on hold because the prices for our sailing (8/23) have really been dropping!

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2002, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Sky Suite 6146 or 6145 on MILLIE - Covered or Not??

Hi Jeff..
I haven't been back on Millie to confirm, but had been told that the awnings were added to her aft suites so they were just like Summit and Constellation.

I understand it for the cabin balconies below, but for the fantail bar outside the buffet area, I preferred it wide open with no awnings.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 3rd, 2002, 11:25 AM
Jeff Coudriet

Default Re: Re: Sky Suite 6146 or 6145 on MILLIE - Covered or Not??

Kuki,

Thanks for that! That seems to be what I have been reading online, but just want that extra measure of confidence. I don't mind a lack of privacy (damn them if they want to look at me....I guess kind of like looking at a car accident....) but a little shade would be good for my partner who's not a big sun fan. Thanks!

Jeff
Old August 3rd, 2002, 06:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Sky Suite 6146 or 6145 on MILLIE - Covered or No

Jeff,
I don't think this suite is covered. I was on the Constellation and I thought this sky suite was not covered. I will take a look at the pics and let you know.

Gitte
Old August 3rd, 2002, 08:13 PM
Jeff Coudriet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Sky Suite 6146 or 6145 on MILLIE - Covered o

Gitte,

In the picture above of Connie, it is covered. That sky suite is just to the right of that white ladder in the picture there. But don't know if Millie is covered back there!

Jeff
Old August 4th, 2002, 02:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sky Suite 6146 or 6145 on MILLIE - Cover

Jeff,
I check my pics of the Constellation and the skysuites 6146 and 61145 are covered.
I will post or e-mail you the pics.

Gitte
Old August 4th, 2002, 10:33 AM
BEAV

Hi Jeff,

Save some food for us! We'll board Millie on Sept 2. Just booked her yesterday after watching the prices drop...drop...drop. We booked SS 6145 and were wondering about the covering as are you. But we ended up booking cat 3 7199. Hard to believe corner cat 3's still available just 30 days out. We cancelled Galaxy for November out of Baltimore as a result. Hope we made the right choice!
Old August 4th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Jeff Coudriet

Default Re: Re: Sky Suite 6146 or 6145 on MILLIE - Covered or Not??

Hi Beav,

You should like the corner Cat 3. We had one of those booked for Millie in December of 2000....when she ended up having to go into dry dock! That was before people "discovered" those cabins so we had an excellent price back then. Nice piece of real estate that I'm sure you'll enjoy! Maybe we should leave you a bon voyage gift since you're getting right on as we get off on Sept 2!

Jeff
Old August 4th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

BEAV.. I had cabin 7199 on Summit. You'll LOVE it! Very different layout. Lots of space, and a balcony u MUST throw a cocktail party on <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 4th, 2002, 01:13 PM
BEAV

We sailed a cat 3 on Infinity last year. Once you've had 'em they're hard to pass up again...especially when they're available on such short notice at bargain basement prices! We really wanted to try the Sky Suite (6145) but a friend wants to go along so cat 3 is the best for three sharing (aside from the Royal or PH of course..!)

Very last-minute decision on our part.....have never booked a cruise within 30 days before.

Enjoy your sky suite!
Old August 4th, 2002, 01:52 PM
BEAV

Hey Kuki,

We held a "balcony bash" in 9197 on Infinity last year. Too fun!

Sure wanted to join your "let's get leid" cruise in May, but we were already booked aboard Star Princess. Such a problem, huh?