Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Glenn

Default Celebrity Constellation

My wife and I are going on a cruise from Nov 23 to the 30. We want a room on the Constellation with a veranda, but have heard some decks are not as desriable as others. Any help with which decks are better would be great.

Also we are 30 and are wondering the general ages of the people on the ship.
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Celebrity Constellation

a while back someone posted that there was an overhang on the sky deck that sometimes made it difficult to look forward---so we switched to a lower deck
hope it was not a mistake as I think it is nice to be so close to run up to the pool from sky
Old August 15th, 2002, 12:51 PM
hct

we are planning to book same ship for Med. cruise--& have a similar ques...should we get a room a bit away & forward from the bump outs for the mid-ship elevators & specialty rooms?
Seem like a room right next to it would have a bit of a blocked view. Thanks for tip about upper deck -
Old August 15th, 2002, 12:55 PM
hct

also had other ques re constellation--is there a quartet playing in the dining room as we had on mercury..what other music would we expect on the medit itinerary? What is best month for smooth sailing & good weather in medit sea & ports? least croweded times? Thaks for any input...
Old August 17th, 2002, 11:45 PM
Iris

Hi Glenn

I am sailing on the Constellation on November 23 with some family members. My nephew and his wife are in your age range and have cruised a number of times. My niece, who will be joining us is a new cruiser. We are all booked in category 1A cabins on deck 9. The verandas on this deck are under an overhang that prevents full sun. We like to have some shade on the veranda. Others cruisers book veranda cabins on lower decks to get full sun exposure. I look forward to seeing you on board. Happy cruising!
Old August 18th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Constellation

Iris wrote:

> We are all booked in category 1A
> cabins on deck 9. The verandas on this deck are under an
> overhang that prevents full sun. We like to have some shade on
> the veranda. Others cruisers book veranda cabins on lower
> decks to get full sun exposure.

Iris:
Doesn't it matter which direction the ship is traveling and the side of the ship one is on?
Frank
Old August 18th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Iris

Default Re: Re: Re: Celebrity Constellation

Frank
Sent you an email to explain about the overhang of the cafe above deck 9 on the Millie class ships. The projections from the bay windows on deck 10 impede sun from many of the verandas on deck 9 for a good part of the day.
Iris