Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2002, 08:00 PM
lysolq

Default transatlantic crossing

Saling on Constellation (14-night transatlantic) Oct. 25 from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone know what kind of weather (temperature and weather conditions) we can expect, especially during the 5-day transatlantic portion of the cruise? Do we pack for summer, winter or something in between? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: transatlantic crossing

I did the Sept./Oct. Millie Transatlantic last year, and the evenings can be chilly, but the days are warm.

I hope you enjoy it, it was my favorite cruise. It sold me on sea days. We are thinking about doing it again next year.
Old August 20th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Passenger

We are sailing on the Constellation, also. We did the transatlantic sailing last year on the Millennium and it was my favorite cruise. I also booked on the Century crossing next year. The crossing last year was very very hot. We had no rain at all and spent all the sea days in the pool. We left our suntan lotion on the chair one day and when we got out of the pool, the bottle had melted...not completely, but it was misshapen. Just came back from a cruise to the Caribbean on the Millennium and it was hotter on the crossing.
If you swim, I would bring a pair of shoes to walk from your pool chair to the pool. The deck gets very hot and it is very uncomfortable to walk. The ship is very cool and you might want a jacket or a sweater in the evenings. Hope you enjoy the trip as much as we did.
Old August 24th, 2002, 02:49 AM
Admiral

The definitive answer is: Who knows?

Last year, a friend and I were doing trans-Atlantics at the same time, different ships. I darned near froze to death (well, that's an exaggeration, but we didn't spend much time on the balcony) and her cruise was quite pleasantly warm.

I'd suggest taking what I call "wrinkle suits" -- the nylon things that are pants and jacket, lined with flannel, for less than perfect days. I never leave home without one. The best part is that they are already wrinkled for your packing pleasure and you can cram them in anywhere.