Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2002, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Default Stingray City Tour Question

On the Celebrity web site for shore excursions we see "Personalized Stingray City Snorkeling Tour" AND "Stingray City Snorkeling"...2 different tours for same place. Both tours are priced the same and last 2/12 hrs each. Are these 2 separately listed tours for Grand Caymen the same? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2002, 05:51 PM
Sandie

Default Re: Stingray City Tour Question

Rick,
Not certain of the answer, but when we sailed on Summit in January, we chose to use Captain Marvin's for snorkeling and had a wonderful time. They are a great company. There were only 14 of us, so they could provide individual attention - it was our first time snorkeling. We made a stop first at a coral reef - about 15 ft. deep, and then onto Stingray City. The cost was less than the ship's excursion - they also use larger boats with more people on board. Check out their web site. You can email Ruth - she is very helpful.
Sandie
Old September 1st, 2002, 06:35 PM
Frank

We took a tour when we visited on a different cruise line but it was one shore excursion that sold out early, so sign up as soon as possible. It was well worth it.
Frank-in-CA
Old September 2nd, 2002, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Sandie's right.

Ruth is THE BEST.

Go with Marve (this has not been a paid announcement).

Old September 3rd, 2002, 11:45 AM
Maryk

Default Re: Re: Stingray City Tour Question

Can we give me the e-mail address.
Old September 5th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Bubblez

Default Re: Re: Stingray City Tour Question

For a personalized trip, I'd do the Red Baron sailing Charter ! You can't beat having your own boat especially if you are a family or group, max 8 persons. They can't be beat. Red Baron lets you decide how long you stay at Stingray City and each snorkeling spot and you even can learn a little about sailing if you want, I got to try my hand at it, Neil was a great teacher and the kids loved him!
Old September 8th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Stingray City Tour Question

Definately do Capt. Marvins or similar. When we went with him we stayed away from the massive crowds from the cruise ships. There were hundreds of people standing around on this sand bar in about 3 feet of water bumping into each other. We were 1/4 mile away and had dozens of stingrays all to ourselves, the 10 of us. The stingrays are very friendly and it's well worth doing. My wife was creeped out by them at first but then had a blast. We also snorkeled a couple of other reefs. We picked up some conch at one spot and then had lunch, complete with fresh conch stew at a nice rest spot.
Old September 8th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Stingray City Tour Question

kenny wrote:

> My wife was creeped out by them at first but then had a
> blast. We also snorkeled a couple of other reefs.

When the boat arrives, they head towards it like an armada of UFOs. It is really awesome to see and a tad frightening at first. (G)
Frank-in-CA
Old September 18th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Stingray City Tour Question

Hi Kenny,
Have you ever tried Native Way Watersports? They were recommended to me and their rate is hard to beat. They do the same tours for $25 pp.

Thanks,
Bop