Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2004, 07:58 PM
hcat

Default Re: TopLess On Celebrity

Latest e-newsletter from Celebrity is advertising "European sunbathing" on its Escapes adult only cruises--maybe that's the best place for it & the thongs as well because there won't be any children on board.
Old January 28th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Passenger

bummer

Constellation
Old January 29th, 2004, 11:00 AM
BC Cruiser

I was on the Millennium Jan 11/04. Deck 13 was for topless sunbathing.
Old January 29th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Passenger

Is that is effect on the Constellation also?

Constellation
Old January 29th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Mary Head

Default Re: Re: TopLess On Celebrity

There was a topless deck on Connie. It was the talk of the ship. I never made it there though.
Mary
Old February 24th, 2004, 02:02 PM
abscruiseluvers

Last year on Millennium there was a topless deck that was very well marked and they also put up material on the railing so there was no way to accidentally see anything. My wife used it some but it was not used by many people at all. Three weeks ago on Constellation I was up on that part of the ship looking at the QM2 and I did not see the same kind of set up that Millennium had. Perhaps they never did it or they have already done away with it. It was one of the re-branding concepts from last year.
Old February 24th, 2004, 03:18 PM
abscruiseluvers

Well...I was wrong...again...I went back and looked at the Daily and it says topless sunbathing on deck 12 forward.
Old February 25th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Donna K

When we sailed n Carnival, topless was the way to go. I personally don't care to see topless women but if enough people request it ,the cruise lines will do it. Just like the food, entertainment and tours., everyone has their own opinions of things.We all want freedom and the right to be treated as individuals . As long as has it is clearly stated somewhere, that the deck is topless, those who chose to partake can and those who don't won't.
I'm getting ready to sail on 3/6/04 and I cherish my vacaion time and I suggest we all do what we want , when we want and stop sweating the small stuff.
Old March 10th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Geno

I have been on several ships that have sailed out of Florida to Caribbean cruises where there have been a lot of Europeans and Brits, etc. on board. You can tell the folks from France right away, as the women take off their tops at the regular pool, not deck 13, and the French men wear bikinis briefs that show everything! Saw this on several ships. A lot of Europeans like to cruise the Caribbean, and people who think there is no market for topless sunbathing in a "prudish" American cruise market, are not worldly travelers! It seems like the American Right disapproves of just about everything these days. Fortunately, most cruisers don't become too concerned about it. "Live and let live," is the most prevalent attitude. I've never seen anyone complain about it, and life just goes on...........................
Old April 30th, 2004, 02:20 PM
DrJeff

Yes indeed, nudity is evil. I believe that we should all wear swim wear from the 1890's... females need to have their ankles and wrists covered at all times. This way, I can compensate for my own personal issues of sexual mistrust! Lets be real here! Nudity and sexuality most often do not go hand in hand! Sex in public has not been an accepted norm anywear, but most of the planet doesn't get bent out of shape like people in the US. If nudity offends someone, simply avoid the area or look the otherway. OR... it may be better to stay home, that way you won't be offended by other people's presence, and we won't be offended by you!

Jeff the traveler
Old April 30th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Frequent Cruiser

I don't like the idea of nudity or partial nudity around the main pool, and I might speak up to someone who does this while children are present, but if there is a small area way up at the top which does not in any way jeopardize other activities (does not displace volleyball or paddle tennis or shuffleboard, etc.), and the area is controlled (i.e. staff member there and signs etc. to keep children away), then it is OK by me. Otherwise, not.

I am not a prude just because I do not enjoy or want to see partial nudity. The vast majority of cruisers in the Caribbean on mainstream lines are Americans and Canadians, and if Europeans want to cruise these ships, then THEY can conform. They are not in any way superior because of their attitudes regarding public nudity. My dermatologist would say they are fools. There ain't enough sunscreen to keep melanoma at bay on some of those bodies.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:23 PM
hcat

On Summit in March the topless area was just next to the children's pool & play area--I came across it in my walk around that deck- There was no sign or warning.. There were about six people there & not anything anyone would really care about except for it being misplaced...so close to the children;s area...maybe they tell the topless ones to leave when the kiddies come out--I do not know....
Old May 3rd, 2004, 05:07 PM
Allan

I really do not think the children are the ones that we need to worry about, but the uptight adults!
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Sea Wings

I am far from being a prude and certainly not uptight, but I tottally disaprove of topless sun bathing on a ship. Exibitionist sun bathing is a more honest name for it and I for one do not want to see any dames half naked on my cruise. I had no idea that this low class behavior was allowed on Celebrity ships. In the future I will certainly check this out before booking again with Celebrity or any other line that allows such trashy
behavior
Old May 5th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: TopLess On Celebrity

Low class behavior? Trashy?
Throughout the centuries artists have painted and
sculpted topless females. Why? Because they
like to produce trash? Nope! Because the
female body is a thing of beauty, a work of art, a
vision of loveliness.

Fascination 3/29/2004
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Passenger

You don't need to see any "dames" half-naked if you don't seek out the area where topless sunbathing takes place. It's not trashy...it's liberating.
Middle-aged parochial high school teacher
Old May 5th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Familiar Face

I find that usually the one that go topless are the fat and/or ugly ones that no one wants to see anyways.

Just observing!

Celebrity Summit
Seward to Vancouver
Old May 5th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Passenger

Not on the Constellation a month ago. There were not very many but the ones who were, were very nice looking. Could'nt convince the wife though!!
Old May 13th, 2004, 07:43 PM
snowmojim

ROTFLMAO Hey Sea Wings, re-read your own post, you are the very definition of an uptight prude! Why would it concern you what other consenting adults are doing on a separate deck. You certainly will not accidentally stumble upon it. The tops optional deck is posted and usually gated off. Or maybe you are one of those people who just have to sneak up to peek at the debauchery! Oh the horror, itís aaaaaa booby! Thanks for the laugh.
Old May 15th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Sea Wings

Hey Snowmojim

. What other trashy behavior should I have to put up with because so called "'consenting adults " want to expose themselves. Maybe we could also have a deck for orgies. I am sure you could find some "consenting adults" to participate. Then of cause we would also need a deck for wife swapping. What would a cruise be like without that kind of deck.

Forget the happily married couples and children aboard, they should stay home so "consenting adults " can do their thing.

Oh and by the way You are the very definition of someone who should stay home with their penthouse mags.
Old May 15th, 2004, 03:04 PM
First Mate

Boy this thread has legs. For a fairly inconsequential topic it sure draws alot of comment.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old May 15th, 2004, 06:27 PM
hcat

Actually on Summit if you are walking on the same deck as the children's pool you will just stumble upon it--a few over -ripe speicimens with the rest of themselves covered up! I was neither offended nor impressed but thought the location was a poor choice--perhaps this was not the sanctioned area but just a few people doing their own thing!!!
Old May 25th, 2004, 05:25 PM
snowmojim

Hey Sea Wings,

Thanks for keeping us in good humor. Itís great to know we have the man with the final answer to all that is good and moral. I am sure no god-fearing person would ever disagree with the line you have drawn. By the way, just so I can stay within your guidelines, what is acceptable and what is not? To what degree should my trashy wife keep her nasty, unsightly body covered? Thong, bikini, one piece with skirt??? Not many years ago a woman with ANY skin showing between her neck and knees was considered obscene. Iíve heard in other countries believe that women should never show more than their eyes and hands, anything more is highly immoral. Oh my, have you heard about the perverts in the Mediterranean? Sometimes they all go NEKID!! Grandpa, Grandma, Kids and Grandkids, all buck NEKID!! Iím sure your god will send them all to hell!! According to the almighty sea wings, what is the final answer? Where is the line now drawn? And why for godís sake does it make a damn bit of difference to you whether a woman has her shirt off either in her cabin or on a secluded, gated, marked off deck?

I just returned from seven days on the high seas. Guess what, ALL of the couples we met on the top deck were happily married with children! I find it amazing that you jump from sunning a boob to orgies and wife swapping. I also find it interesting that you are so naive as to believe that there is not wife swapping on every ship you have ever sailed! Get real! You will probably find some hanky panky in every church group around! How would you possibly expect things like this not to happen on a cruise ship? If the presence of ďtrashy behaviorĒ offends you, not only are your cruising days over but also you may need to find a private planet to repopulate. As far as Penthouse magís, donít need them. I have a wife that fulfills all my needs. In fact, I stay so satisfied that I donít have time to worry about what other couples on board are doing in the privacy of their cabins or on secluded decks meant for like minded people. But then againÖÖsome guyís aint quite so lucky.
Old May 25th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Allan

I too find it hard to make the connection from a naked breast to wife swapping!!!
Old May 27th, 2004, 12:08 AM
DrJeff

Snowmojim,

I couldn't agree with you more! Watch out for SeaWings.... like big brother, he IS watching us! (lol). Fortunately, SeaWings has the right to be ignorant! Enjoy your cruise and the sun!

DrJeff
Old June 4th, 2004, 10:40 PM
JOE REYNOLDS

Avoid!??
Why do they say no cameras
Old June 6th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Educated Cruiser

I am a photographer and would like to take some photos from the highest deck. If that is the deck that is topless only, then that hampers my ability to take photos from there, unless there are times when photographers can use the deck.
'
Would someone who knows the policy please explain.