Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Ebee

Default TopLess On Celebrity

I am reading messages posts regarding TopLess Decks on Celebrity. Do all ships on Celebritys Fleet have Topless decks? I am sailing the Mercury and was unaware they even had them. Well my advice is put on your sunscreen because certain things get really sore when Burnt!!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2002, 03:07 PM
cruznut6

Default Re: TopLess On Celebrity

Celebrity doesn't have ANY ships with "topless" sunbathing...yet. The first ship this will be introduced on is the Millennium, Sept 23rd. This will be implemented on the rest of the fleet in 2003, assuming the public finds the change(s) favorable. Celebrity is trying to upgrade itself from an "upper mass-market line , to it's earlier days of being a premium line. There's numerous changes coming, such as changing the cigar club (Michael's Club) into a lounge/piano bar. Just hope the pricing for this doesn't keep many loyal Celebrity fans from sailing them in the future.

Regards...Bob
Old September 7th, 2002, 05:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: TopLess On Celebrity

Hi Ebee,
Just returned yesterday from Celebrity Infinity and there was definitely no topless deck onboard, plus it would of been a little chilly for that in Alaska, but I think you are thinking of Carnival, they do have topless decks on board their ships.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 7th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Donna:
Celebrity is actually going to implement this change in their fleet. Along with quite a few other changes.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 7th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Admiral

Thanks ML,
Just read about all the upcoming changes on Celebrity, sounds good to me. I actually thought the regular lunch buffet was lacking in some areas. I love to just have a huge salad for lunch, and there was very few items to put on one, although dessert at lunch was something else :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 8th, 2002, 12:33 AM
cactus_cropper

They are trying it out on the Millennium beginning 23-Sep, my sailing! I have already e-mailed Celebrity my disapproval.
Old September 9th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Very simple, just avoid the topless area. It's a VERY big ship.
Old September 9th, 2002, 11:02 AM
harborman

Hello All,
What other changes are coming to Celebrity and when? This one seems to be a big change, mostly older folks 50 + (like us) on Celebrity, can't imagine they were asking for this feature. Any idea why the change?
Old September 9th, 2002, 12:38 PM
hct

TOPLESS DECKS WOULD BE A DEFINITE TURN-OFF AS TO SHIP SELECTION FOR ME! Anyone can do what theywant on their own balcony but the ship should be for everyone with their tops on. First it will be the decks, then the aqua-spa. etc. Someone I know cruised last week & walked into a sauna on Carnival to find 2 males & a female engaging in sex. They invited her to join in! Sorry if I am old-fashioned but this is not for me..
Old September 10th, 2002, 07:50 PM
cruznut6

harborman

Not sure if this is the reason, but Celebrity is quite popular with European travellers that makes up to 30% of their pax.They aren't offended(usually) by going topless. This really isn't a "new" practice; Cunard has had this on certain ships for years, as well as Carnival. I personally don't care as long as it's discreet and the deck is clearly marked. As far as the "animals" that engaged in sex in a (public) place, they should have been thrown off the ship.

Regards...Bob
Old September 13th, 2002, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I agree with cruznut (Bob) here - Celebrity is a very popular cruise line with Europeans and they do not think twice about going topless - I don't care if there is a topless deck as long as it is clearly marked.

Old September 17th, 2002, 08:19 AM
David Starkey

Sounds to me like changes being made would incourage this longterm Celebrity fan to look for a different cruise line.....topless deck...get real.....what percentage of passengers sailing from North America really want topless deck?....few....very few , and repeat passengers......not...... This is really stupid. Did some marketing wizard in Europe think this up?(yes) Sounds like the "new changes" will incourage this passenger to look elsewhere for his cruising vacation.
Old September 23rd, 2002, 09:50 PM
Jeff Coudriet

Default Re: Re: Re: TopLess On Celebrity

Actually, any number of Celebrity's younger customers probably don't mind a topless area and don't find this a big deal.

And Donna, aren't those lunch desserts tasty??? I think so! They're a lunch in themselves....

Jeff
Old September 24th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: TopLess On Celebrity

Yes Jeff,
I did par take in the lunch desserts, they just looked too good to pass up :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 28th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Bill Wright

David,

Considering the relative profitability of the two demographics, in "the land of the real", they would much prefer "them" than you
Old December 28th, 2003, 01:50 AM
Passenger

Just came across this old topless topic...I'd love my February 20th Celebrity cruise to include a topless deck...my wife and I, in our 50's, enjoy nude sunning...what could be more natural and liberating. At the same time, I understand how frightening this can be to others and that their only response is to become angry and attack. I'll bet if alone and given the chance these holier-than-thou moral right-wingers would be peeking around the corners to catch a glimpse of some of the naked beauty. Naughty, naughty...

So, I'll keep my fingers crossed...you do the same...

Old December 28th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Allan

We were on the Constellation in November. Deck 12 was designated for topless sunbathing and even listed in the Daily Planner. If you object, it is easy to avoid.
Old December 28th, 2003, 11:02 AM
hcat

Feh!
Old December 29th, 2003, 02:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

What about the Horizon? Does this older ship have a deck or even a sectioned off area for topless sunning?
Just wondering as we are going on the Horizon in just a few weeks!

JanGail
Old December 29th, 2003, 02:31 AM
johnt

Infinity had a topless deck on our November Panama canal cruise.
It was forward on deck 14, with warning signs and screened off to people on lower decks.
Old December 29th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jangail - I don't see how they could on the Horizon, without alienating all the "deck walkers" on the 12th deck, which would be about the only deck where they could even try to accomodate topless sunbathers.
Old December 29th, 2003, 03:09 PM
hcat

someone e-mailed me for translation of "feh"...it means not my cup of tea! But I don't see that person posting here????
Old December 29th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Passenger

Well, here I am; I asked. I just wanted some clarification. Too bad it's not nude sunbathing. What good is topless if you're a guy?! My wife and I see nothing wrong with nude sunbathing and have found some magnificent clothing-optional beaches in Florida, Texas, New Jersey and California. Not to mention all the clothing-optional hot springs around the country...there should be no reason for anyone to get their panties in a knot, clothing-optional areas are always marked well in advance.

It's too bad that there are some who just shouldn't be allowed out in public...I have seen couples on beaches who forgot that they weren't in there bedroom...I've seen it on clothed and clothing-optional beaches...se la vie.

Old January 2nd, 2004, 01:32 PM
Monique

What about the Galaxy, topless sundeck?
Thanks.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 04:22 PM
cruznut6

Keylime

If you get the opportunity to visit St. Martin, you have to get to Orient Beach. Part of the beach is topless and the far right portion of the beach is for nudists. The beach itself is great, but get there early. BTW, we bikers would NEVER stare at naked people, would we? I own a Intruder 1400 and would ride all year long, but my 50+ bones don't enjoy the New Jersey cold too much anymore! If you get the chance, rent a HD and do your own touring. Me and my better-half rented a "Fat-Boy" for a day in Maui last month; it was the best thing we could have done!

Regards...Bob
Old January 22nd, 2004, 02:37 AM
Geno

I have been on several ships that have had Europeans sunbathing topless. And it didn't cause a commotion or anything. Usually, the topless sunbathing is up on deck 14 away from the family pool area, which is several decks below. I have seen French women sunbathing topless right next to family pool, however, but that is the French for you. Again, all the other passengers accepted it, and it was very crowded, with just about every chair full. This was on both NCL and Celebrity lines.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 06:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to frank_holland Send a message via Yahoo to frank_holland

In The Netherlands (where I live) and most other parts in Europe topless sunbathing is accepted at all beaches, pools etcetera, for us it's just normal and because almost everyone does it there isn't hardly anyone who tries to get a peek.
For us it's just normal, I am used to see women topless on the beaches since I was a little kid, even teenage girls walk/lie topless on beaches here.

Actually you don't have to peek, as you'll see it anyway though

Caribbean Princess
Old January 22nd, 2004, 06:38 PM
hcat

Between this & the thong thread I am wondering if the sexual revolution has gone to sea!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 10:34 PM
Passenger

Isn't it interesting that most men are attracted to that anatomical part of the female body as if it were gold...if it were her forearm nobody would give a second thought, but a boob and most guys turn into teenagers...not me, I'm a butt kinda guy!

Old January 28th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Passenger

I'm going topless no matter what!!!!!!