Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2002, 07:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Alcohol on Board

Has anyone travelled Celebrity recently? I'm leaving today NY to Bermuda & have been told by experienced cruisers that you can bring your own for personal consumption. Has anyone done this recently? I don't want my bottles confiscated.
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2002, 11:01 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Alcohol on Board

We sailed to Bermuda in late August. Took four bottles of wine on board. No problem. If you take the wine to the restaurant there's a $12 per bottle corkage fee. Didn't bring alcohol but I don't think they care if you take a bottle for your stateroom. You can't buy it in Bermuda and carry it on. They deliver it to your room on the last evening. Enjoy your trip. We had a lovely time.
Old September 23rd, 2002, 01:40 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Alcohol on Board

Hi,
I'm not for sure about Celebrity but we took 8 bottles on a 10 day with Princess last year. I actually packed them on my carry on bag from California. This November we are sailing with Celebrity on the Summit and I actually plan to go to Costco near Ft. Lauderdale. You can pull up there locations on the internet.
We would have a glass of wine while getting ready for dinner and then refill it on our way to dinner. We would just walk in with a glass of wine and that is all we would drink for the evening. It worked out great for us.
Old September 30th, 2002, 01:49 PM
dorothy hack

Default Re: Re: Re: Alcohol on Board

We also want to bring our wine and vodka/cocktail drinks with us onboard. What do you think about placing them in our suitcases upon arrival at the port. Aren't your suitacases taken at that point and the only thing you would have are your carry ons. Do they go through your luggage before they take them, what happens. I don't want it taken away from us. Thanks. We are so excited. We are going the 10 day southern carribbean on the Summit.