Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Default Shipboard Credit for Shareholders

Everybody,

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL), the parent company of both Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean International, has just announed extension of the company's shipboard credit for passengers who own one hundred (100) or more shares of the parent company for all cruises booked by 01 May 2005. The shipboard credit ($50 on each cruise of five or fewer nights, $100 on each cruise of six to eight nights, $200 on cruise each of nine to thirteen nights, and $250 on each cruise of fourteen or more nights) is fully combinable with all other offers. this offer does not apply to "Celebrity Xpeditions" cruises and tours.

To receive the credit, you must submit a separate copy of the credit form (http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...r_Benefit2.pdf) with proof of ownership of at least one hundred shares of stock for each cruise. A brokerage statement showing the shares in your brokerage account satisfies the requirement for proof of ownership.

See the company's "Shareholder FAQ" (http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...older_faqc.pdf) for more information.

Norm.
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Shipboard Credit for Shareholders

Hi Norm,
I was able to oo this for our last cruise and recently faxed in the info for the next... Once its done, you don't see any credits til you are onboard and check your account. The first day it didn't show up until later in the evening, but it was there and a great stockholder perk.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 13th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Shipboard Credit for Shareholders

Donna,

I was able to oo this for our last cruise and recently faxed in the info for the next...

I'm glad to hear that you and others are taking advantage of this offer, as I am!

Once its done, you don't see any credits til you are onboard and check your account. The first day it didn't show up until later in the evening, but it was there and a great stockholder perk.

True. On my "Panama Canal" cruise aboard GTS Infinity last November (14 days), the credits did not appear on shipboard accounts until three or four days into the cruise, but that was not really a problem since they were there well before the end of the cruise. The delayed posting was unsettling for at least one other passenger, though.

It really is a great perk! The normal quarterly dividend is $0.13, which works out to $52/year on 100 shares -- barely over the minimum credit for a short cruise. The credit for a cruise of six to eight days is nearly twice the current dividend, and it goes up to nearly four or five times the current dividend on longer cruises.

I should add that those who bought in a year ago have nearly tripled their principal though a remarkable recovery of share price from its post-"9/11" depression, too. The share price is not likely to repeat that performance during the next year, but it should sustain an average compound growth rate of about 25% per year because that's the pace at which the cruise industry is growing. The share price may do even better if the company can raise its share of the cruise market, which appears very likely in view of the strength of the company's brands.

Norm.
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:04 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Shipboard Credit for Shareholders

We experienced something new on our last cruise--3/28/04 on the Zenith. On the first afternoon our cabin steward brought us a receipt form to sign and then handed us 2 nice cards . Mine said "A Bon Voyage Gift is being sent to : then had my name & cabin number--from Celebrity cruises. Then a description of the gift: $125 shipboard credit. My husband got the same with a greater money amount because they included a $200 booking credit on his. I like this new way of assuring that the credit is actually there!

Old May 18th, 2004, 09:43 AM
David Starkey

Carnival shareholders also get a discount when cruising.
Old May 20th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Bill Copeland

Thanks for the tip.Since we're on the 5/5/04 Constellation Baltic sailing we bought 100 shares yesterday.We've already gotten a $250 Reunion Cruise credit of $250,so with the stock credit our bar tab should be covered!
Old July 16th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Mike & Charlotte

Default Re: Re: Shipboard Credit for Shareholders

Thanks, Norm. I missed your post earlier, but have used this credit several times. I also did not receive my copy of the annual report for 2003 so was not aware of whether or not it was extended. Will FAX the form soon, although our Infinity cruise is not till January '05.

Just to clarify for the message that Dave posted, above, the having a minimum of 100 shares of Royal Caribbean stock entitles you to onboard credit for cruises on Royal Carib and Celebrity lines.

On the other hand, having a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corp stock entitles you to onboard credit for cruises on Carnival, Costa, Cunard, Holland America, Princess, P&O, Windstar, Swan Hellenic, and Seabourn lines.

Both schemes work the same way, basically; the amount of shipboard credit depends upon the length of the cruise. However, because of the way the time is denoted, RCCL often is the better deal. It's a really nice perk.

Charlotte
Old July 17th, 2004, 11:52 PM
SANDY M.

Mike & Charlotte and Dave Starkey

I have Carnival shares, who do I check with or where do I find out information for getting shipboard credit for my cruises. I was not aware of this!!!!

I am going on the Island Princess 15 Day Hawaii cruise 10/6/04 and the
Grand Princess 11/13/04.

Could either one of you email me the info. Please identify yourself in the Subject as a Cruisemate Buddy with Carnival Shareholder info. I would most certainly appreciate it.
email:
travelwithsandym@yahoo.com

Hopefully you don't mind my request.

Thank you

Sandy M