CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Laundry Facilities (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/209094-laundry-facilities.html)

bobnpat October 7th, 2002 05:17 PM

Laundry Facilities

While browing a Princess brochure, I saw that they have a couple of self-service laundromats on thier ships.

Pat and I are going to be taking a 11-night cruise out of Hawaii on Infinity in April and really can't bring along everything we own. The airlines' luggage policies have taken care of that.

Does anyone know of any of these types of facilities on Infinity, or might they offer a valet service so that we can we have items laundered

PapaBill October 7th, 2002 05:58 PM

Re: Laundry Facilities

Unlike Princess and Carnival, the folks at Celebrity do not want to see us standing over the washer and dryer during our vacation. They do offer laundry service with about a 24 hour turn around. You will find details in your cabin or can talk to your cabin attendent about it.

Donna October 7th, 2002 07:51 PM

Re: Re: Laundry Facilities

Hi BobNPat,
Sorry to say, no self serve laundry onboard Infinity, but you can use their laundery service, like Bill said, just give it to your cabin attendant, not a problem.

Was just on Infinity in Alaska, and I can tell you, she is a lovely ship, be sure to visit the aqua spa, it feels wonderful!

Longboysfan October 14th, 2002 03:06 PM

Re: Laundry Facilities

Princess brings in a lot of Brits for two week cruises. This may be one of the reasons they have these facilities on their ships.
But Celebrity does not offer this extra.

Darryl October 15th, 2002 05:56 PM

Re: Re: Re: Laundry Facilities

Hi Donna,

I am on the Summit for 10 days Dec 20 and i too feel like i would need to bring everything i own. At least that looks half way good! :-)

Do you mean to say that they will lauder my clothes for free? if not, what would the charges be?

Thanks for the help!

=D=

Donna October 15th, 2002 07:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Laundry Facilities

Hi Darryl,
No, there is a fee for the laundry service, don't know exactly what it is, but its pretty reasonable if needed, otherwise just pack for the week and hope you don't run out of clean clothes, good luck!

Gill October 30th, 2002 12:23 PM

Re: Re: Laundry Facilities

Wow, we are booked for the 18 Nov cruise on Summitt and we didn't realise that the only laundering facility would be fee-paying. Thought there would be a self-laundry for those little bits and pieces we would never think of sending to be done communally. Can of course take lots of extras but the backlog would not be much fun in the warm climate, I should think. Any suggestions - on shore laundrettes perhaps?