Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Nichole

Default Unlimited soda cards on Century?

I drink a ton of soda a day. Does anyone know if you can buy an unlimited soft drink card on Celebrity's Century? I have seen reviews that mention children being able to buy this card, but couldn't figure out if adults were able to. Thanks for any help you can give me. My husband and I leave on the Century on 10/19!
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2002, 04:47 PM
THicks

Default Re: Unlimited soda cards on Century?

Yes you can purchase a soda card for adults. We sailed the Century in July...upon embarkation our rooms were not ready so we headed straight for Tastings where my husband purchased all week sodas. The staff will afix a sticker to your room/charge card indicating that you have purchased the card.

The only downfall is the size of the glasses they give you at the pool bar etc. My husband was told by the bartenders that if he had his own cup they would fill it for him, but that they could not give him two of their glasses of soda at one time.
Old October 10th, 2002, 12:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Unlimited soda cards on Century?

We were on the Mercury in June. We we also not happy with the size of the glasses so we bought 2 large Celebrity travel mugs. All the bartenders except for one, had no problems with filling the mugs up. This one bartender hasseled me everytime I would go and fill them up, but he did it anyway. The only problem I had was that on embarkation day the soda card was not good. We were on a 7 day cruise and we were told that this was the eighth day.

Walter
Old October 24th, 2002, 12:44 PM
cohengm

Default Twice as much as Princess charges

Princess charges $17.50 for a soft drink card for a 7 day cruise, gratuties included. That's $2.50 a day for those of you mathematically challenged. Celebrity charges $4.50 per day, plus 15% gratutity (that's $5.18 per day). So, if you will drink 3 or more soft drinks per day (cans of soda are about $1.75 w/gratutity), then the soda card may benefit you. Probably best to drink the lemonade, it's included with your cruise. Idea!!! See how many you drink then decide on whether to buy the card. It's probably sold on a "days remaining" basis.