Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Beginner

Default Decorate ships for Christmas Holidays?

We will be a party of 7 sailing out of Charleston on the Galaxy on Dec. 13, 2002. This will be our first Celebrity cruise, but not our first cruise.

We have cruised mostly on RCI up to now. Any major differences that we will notice between ships or lines?

Also our cruise is from Dec. 13 to 23 so we were wondering if the ship will be decorated for the holidays and will people tend to bring clothes typical to the holiday season more so than to the Caribbean location, especially for dinner?

If you have cruised over the holidays before, we would love to hear about your experience.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Jeanny Mara

Default Re: Decorate ships for Christmas Holidays?

Dear Beth:

The holiday season is the only time we usually cruise, since that's when my husband has a long vacation.

All cruiseships we've ever been on (except for one small explorer type ship) always decorated beautifully and food and drink reflected the season too. People dressed up Christmas Day or New Years Eve as they usually would on formal nights, there was no particular predominance of red or white with sparkles!

We'll also be on our first Celebrity cruise this year, the Panama Canal on Infinity and also mainly took trips on RCL before.

Regards,
Jeanny
Old October 10th, 2002, 02:30 PM
harborman

Hello,
My wife and I sailed on Celebrity's Horizon in December 2000, the ship was all decorated for Christmas. It was really something to see you'll enjoy it.
Old October 14th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi beth..We were on the Golden Last year for new years eve.All the decorations were left up, an to tell you the truth i was quite surprised and disapointed with them..I expected lush greenery and high quality trees etc..The trees were sparsley placed throughout the atrium, the stairs had very tacky garland, and there was a Santas village, that was very sad looking...Since Holiday sailings are priced much higher,one would think that at the least they could put some thought & money into making the ship look extra festive....We didn't even get a free glass of champagne for ny eve...Shame on princess..I hope your ship is decked to the halls! Have a ball!