Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Joe Reynolds

Default Lost Luggage

Cruise on Celebrity’s Constellation,

Any ship is good when things go well. The difference between a good ship and a better ship is how they handle adversarial problems. Celebrity is a better ship. When I lost my luggage on a Fjords of Norway cruise they did everything possible to find it and get it to me. I did not see my luggage from the time I checked it in my departure airport until 8 days later. We had made our own airline reservations and it was the airline that lost the luggage, not Celebrity. During this time when I boarded the ship and it still did not show up, Celebrity lent me a tux shirt and shoes. I bought a bathing suit and a sweater and a shirt and had a wonderful time. They continued to report to me that they were checking and finally got it to me at the first port that had an airport big enough to fly into. Celebrity had no obligation to help me since they did not make the airline arrangements and had nothing to do with loosing the luggage.

Others on the ship also had lost luggage problems, but did not seem to let it ruin their cruise. I think it is a credit to Celebrity that they helped me even though it was not their responsibility.

Of course one should always cross pack with their partner and always carry an extra change in the carryon.

Signed,
Joe Reynolds
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Lost Luggage

What a nice story, Joe. I'm glad to see Celebrity believes in customer service, even when they weren't the ones who lost your luggage. Everything I've read about Celebrity makes me even more excited to try cruising with them in December.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old October 15th, 2002, 02:13 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Re: Lost Luggage

Its this type of service(not required but helpful) that has brought us to sail Celebrity over and over again. They have done things for us over the years that were not"required" but just helpful and its that attitude that brings us back to Celebrity ships for our cruises. I know there are other good cruise lines, but now days when someone"does you right" it makes you want to give them your repeat business. Lets face it, as consumers, we should patronize companies that do value customers and are willing to do more than offer lip service. Actions always speak louder than words.

Old October 15th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Joe,
How fortunate that Celebrity was able and willing to give you a hand with the missing luggage, just love hearing these kinds of stories, instead of the negative ones.

Thanks for sharing this good news!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 16th, 2002, 03:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sterling Silver

Here is my story. We had just been on the Summit for a wonderful trip across the Pacific a few weeks ago. Don't know how we did it, but we left a bag at the pier in Honolulu. Called Celebrity when we returned home a couple days later, but not to worry, the bag was already on its way to our doorstep! They UPS'ed it to us at their expense even though it was totally our goof-up in leaving it there. Nice work, Celebrity!