Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Rasul Sister

Default Ft. Lauderdale Boarding Time

Our cruise documents state the boarding time as 2 pm (Summit). Because we are Captain's Club memebers, we have been able to board ealier that the "official" boarding time. Anyone who has experience recently on boarding times, I'd love to hear from you. Waiting in that terminal for hours is not exactly pleasant.

Thank you and Bon Voyage!
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale Boarding Time

We were on Millenium October 4th and were on the ship by 1:00. We are also Captains
Club and when we arrived we went right to check-in and onto the ship. We live
about 20 minutes from the port and had our own transportation down and didn't have the time of arrival determined by the cruise line in from the airport. If you are
being transferred from the airport by the cruise line it might be later depending on
their schedule. Have a great time!!
Old October 30th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Rasul Sister

Default Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale Boarding Time

Thanks-that's good news. We are flying in the night before, so will have plenty of time to get to the pier that morning. Hope your trip on Mille was spectacular! We are very much needing and looking forward to the Summit!
Old October 31st, 2002, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale Boarding Time

Actual boarding times depend upon the time it takes for Customs and Immigration clearance when the ship arrives in the morning. You should see boarding commense between noon and 1pm. I'd arrive at Pier 18 around 11:30 or so.
Old October 31st, 2002, 12:17 PM
Rasul Sister

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale Boarding Time

Thanks so much Earnie-you are just full of alot of valuable info. If you are knowlegable about Ft. Lauderdale, maybe you can help me on this one. Although we have sailed from Port Evergalades many times before, we have never overnighted there. We will be staying at the Amerisuites north of the port. If you have suggestions on a casual atmosphere restaurant (to get us in the Caribbean mood) with tasty food and reasonable prices, I'd love to hear them.
Old October 31st, 2002, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale Boarding Time

Sister... I can recommend two... the first is right on 17th Street, a block or so from your hotel... called "Bimini Boatyard"... lovely relaxed atmosphere... very busy bar, good food at a reasonable price... lots and lots of locals. Second, I can recommend the "15th Street Fisheries"... located on 15th Street, just at the Intercoastal Waterway. A very hefty walk from Amerisuites, but a short fast cab ride. Mostly local folks, lovely restaurant, GREAT views of the Intracoastal. Ate there last week with some people from the internet rooms. Food is great... no need to take a second mortgage to pay for it either.

Have a ball and let us know how it all goes.

Ernie

Post Edited (10-31-02 12:35)
Old October 31st, 2002, 03:24 PM
Rasul Sister

Default Ft. Lauderdale Boarding Time

Thanks again Earnie. I appreciate your mention of lots of locals-which is the best indication that the establishment is not in the "tourist trap" catagory. And being on the intercoastal is a real positive experience. Once I dined in Boynton Beach and felt like I could reach out and touch the passing yachts.

Think we need reservations for a Sunday night?

Thank you.
Old November 1st, 2002, 08:22 AM
Jody Brown

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale Boarding Time

100% agree with the 15th Street Fisheries! We ate there before our last cruise from FTL and included it in our Sea Princess review (3/01) that is somewhere on this site. lol My wife still swears it was the best place she has ever eaten at. We stayed at AmeriSuites and they drove us over and picked us up for no charge.
Old November 1st, 2002, 10:51 AM
Josie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale Boarding Time

Just returned on 25th on Millie - Ultimate Caribbean. Arrived day before (October 13th) for departure on 14th. Stayed at the Comfort Suites, 1800 Federal Hwy. Reasonable rate, although others got it even cheaper on line. Comfort Suites provides free shuttle to/from airport and pier in Ft. Lauderdale - leaving about every half hour. Very, very convenient.
Old November 1st, 2002, 01:29 PM
Longboysfan

Way back in February.... We flew into Miami.
Got to the ship about 11:30 AM.
They were already boarding at that time.
Also Captains Club so we bypassed the check in group numbers.

Ernie has you covered.
Old November 1st, 2002, 02:14 PM
Rasul Sister

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale Boarding Time

Oh-this sounds perfecto. You don't suppose they serve grouper there, now do you? I moved from Orlando to Oregon, due to professional reasons, 3 years ago and long for the taste of grouper overlooking the waters of Florida. There's just nothing like it! I'm going to see if the 15th Street Fisheries has a website and make reservation. Thank you all for yet another event to look forward to.
Old November 4th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Rasul Sister

Thanks to all you helpful mates out there. Sounds like 11 to 11:30 is a safe bet for arriving at the port. And thanks for the dinner suggestions, Ernie. I called to make reservations at the 15th Street Fisheries and they said that we did not need them downstairs. Should be a blast.