Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2002, 11:21 PM
Shari 2

Default Shower heads

I am booked on the Infinity, January 19, Panama canal cruise. Can anyone tell me if the shower heads in the balcony cabins are the kind that lift off the wall. I am somewhat short, and I just love the ones that come off the wall (I forget what you call them).

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2002, 12:05 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Shower heads

My partner and I are also booked on that cruise! Have you registered yet for the CruiseCritics party?

We sailed in January aboard the Summit, the Infinity's sister ship, and yes, indeed, the shower head is adjustable vertically. And it also comes off the wall.
Old November 20th, 2002, 06:58 AM
lysolq

Default Re: Shower heads

Most cruiseships, including the Infinity, have European-style shower bars and removable hose-held shower heads.
Old November 20th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Shari 2

Default Re: Re: Shower heads

Thank you both for the information on the shower head. JonathanJay, I am new to the message boards, how do you sign up for the party? Besides my husband there will be another couple cruising with us. Would they be able to come?

Thanks
Old November 20th, 2002, 10:31 PM
Kay S.

Default Re: Re: Shower heads

We just got off this ship on our canal cruise, and, yes, showers do have adjustible shower heads which detach from the verticle brace. If only we could have that water flow at home!
Old November 21st, 2002, 01:12 AM
Shari 2

Default Re: Re: Re: Shower heads

Kay S:

How did you like the Infinity and your Panama canal cruise. Any suggestions for me and others going on the Infinity? Thanks for the information on the shower heads.
Old November 21st, 2002, 02:33 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Shower heads

Hi Shari2:

It's simple!

Go to celebritycruises.com (Celebrity's home page) and you'll see a listing for >Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Parties< located under "HIGHLIGHTS" to the right of "WELCOME."

Click on the Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Parties line and then fill in the blanks in the "Register For Connections" boxes. Note: You will have to have your booking ID number available.

We'll be looking for you at the party!
Old November 21st, 2002, 10:49 AM
Alma

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Shower heads

Hi Shari!

I just got off the Infinity Panama Canal on Sunday November 17. It was an amazing cruise. In the 4 that I've taken, this was THE best by far. When I first booked the cruise, I wasn't all that thrilled at seeing the Panama Canal, but now that I've been through it, it is etched in my memory. I wrote a big long commentary on www.cruise-addicts.com under "On the Infinity Right Now". If you go the website, click on Message Boards, then go to Cruise Lines, click on Celebrity, you'll find my post.

We had an Aft facing cabin and it was just spectacular. I wish I could go back again. We had a great time and I know you will as well. For me, the ship was the destination and the ports were just extras for the whole experience.

Have a great time!
Old November 21st, 2002, 11:02 AM
Kay S.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shower heads

Alma,

We were also in an aft cabin and my dh had his camcorder going most of the canal time. I pity our poor friends who stop by. Which cabin were you in? We were in 7202 (corner). Totally spoiled but heard these cabins were spiralling in price due to their popularity. Didn't we have great weather? Everyone had warned us about the horrible heat, humidity and rain in the canal area. I don't think the temps rose to 80 degrees that day and no rain.

Shari,

You will love this ship and this itinerary, especially if you enjoy sea days. We had the best waiter and the best cabin attendant of any of our cruises. We've been on Celebrity five times and love the experience. The lunch menu could be worked on a bit, but we felt that way on the Summit also. Ask any questions and I'm sure Alma or I will be able to help.

Kay
Old November 21st, 2002, 02:09 PM
Alma

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shower heads

Hi Kay!

Wow! What a coincidence! It's funny that we introduce ourselves now on a website instead of when we were on board the ship! We were in cabin 7208, right in the center just over the penthouse suites. I think I remember seeing you and your husband out on your huge balcony! I can't even imagine what that was like because ours seemed large already.

The Aft cabins are a must have for the Panama Canal. We were originally supposed to be on Deck 9 midship and I saw that this aft cabin was available so I had my travel agent change my reservations. Good thing I did!

The weather was wonderful. I too had heard about how terrible the weather would be and that we would be sick on the back of the ship, however, none of these things came to pass. It was a trip of a lifetime. I have to say, I'm completely spoiled by these aft cabins and don't know if I can ever go back to a regular stateroom again.

Thanks for "introducing" yourself! Maybe we'll actually meet next time.
-Alma
Old November 21st, 2002, 09:23 PM
Shari 2

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shower heads

Hi JonathanJay, lysolq, Kay, and Alma

Thanks for the information on the shower heads and the Panama canal cruise on the Infinity. I have been hearing so many good reviews. I'm really getting excited about the trip. I have been on seven other cruises, but only one other Celebrity; it was on the Zenith's inaugural cruise. That was my favorite cruise. It's been nine years since we have taken a real vacation, so I'm really looking forward to this cruise. It's nice to hear that Celebrity is still a class act.

Kay and Alma, I'm so glad you had a great trip, and I will look at your review, Alma. JonathanJay, I will look into signing up for the party. It will be so nice to meet people.