Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2002, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Default Turkey Day Poll

I have had the displeasure of having turkey for Thanksgiving on at least three cruises. I must say it was not particularly good on any of the three cruise lines. What is so difficult about making decent turkey. I fancy myself a great cook of turkey, and it is not that hard to do plus turkey holds quite well over time as compared to other main dishes. I just don't get it!

Has anyone ever had good or even fair turkey on a cruise ship. If so, please share...
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2002, 04:02 PM
Frank

Default Re: Turkey Day Poll

Chuck Palm wrote:

> Has anyone ever had good or even fair turkey on a cruise
> ship. If so, please share...

For a change of pace one evening I had turkey on our recent Constellation cruise and it was quite good. However, I've rarely ordered this when it was on a cruise menu.
Frank-in-CA
Old November 22nd, 2002, 06:19 PM
AR

Solution:

Don't cruise on Thanksgiving!

Stay home and cook!

Your friends and family will love you for it.

AR
Old November 22nd, 2002, 06:21 PM
Getting closer

Go with the BEEF.
Old November 27th, 2002, 11:56 AM
JeffCoud

We sailed on the Golden Princess last Thanksgiving and most of the meal was good, and even interesting food. The turkey itself was a disaster though....it had hamburger gravy on top! I kid you not! We generally ate late that cruise in PC dining, so maybe they ran out that night?? The PC dining rooms were jammed all night (hey, it's Thanksgiving) so maybe they didn't plan on quite so many people having the turkey? In any case, the pumpkin creme brulee made up for it...that was tasty!

Jeff
Old November 27th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Admiral

We travelled on Thanksgiving two years ago on Mercury. After spending Thanksgiving day on the beach in Aruba, I must say we were pleased to see a very decent Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings (including very good turkey) .
Old December 6th, 2002, 11:55 PM
First Mate

I had the turkey dinner on Galaxy this past week, and I found it to be particularly good, as did others at my table.

~ Ann
Old December 7th, 2002, 04:42 AM
Mary K

We had turkey on the Century last week on Thanksgiving day, and it was wonderful! Even though it was lobster night I opted for the turkey.