CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Cruising South America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/209241-cruising-south-america.html)

Artist Sharon November 24th, 2002 11:59 AM

Cruising South America

I'm already thinking about my next cruise and was wondering if anyone had feed back on what cruise line to take to South America for 10 plus days. I'm hoping to get a ship that has great food, good port stops, and a little younger crowd than the Celebrity, Summit (Carribean). I would hope the average age would be somewhere between 40 to 60. Also, some good dancing would be wonderful. What cruise line would you suggest and what time of year? Thanks for all of your in put .

Chuck Palm November 25th, 2002 08:14 PM

Re: Cruising South America

We are in our 40s and 50s. We are taking Celebrity's Zenith on 12-22. Our friends are in their forties and they are going too. Generally longer cruise have slightly older crowds. The older people have more time off and a little more extra cash to spend.

Also most of the South America cruises have a large portion of customers from Brazil, Argentina and Chile. Many of them like to dine late and enjoy the active nightlife, dancing etc.

I have been on the Norwegian Dream, as have my friends. We chose the Zenith instead because of the better food and service. The prices were very comparable.
We would probably not go on the Dream again unless the prices were so staggeringly low that we couldn't refuse.

Artist Sharon November 27th, 2002 11:52 AM

Chuck, thank you, thats some good advise on the age catagory. After dinner it's nice to be able to dancing for a few hours with some good music. Being an artist, I'm able to make my own time so I do like at least a 10 day cruise. My husband who never wanted to take a cruise, can't wait for the next one. Artist Sharon wrote:

> I'm already thinking about my next cruise and was wondering
> if anyone had feed back on what cruise line to take to South
> America for 10 plus days. I'm hoping to get a ship that has
> great food, good port stops, and a little younger crowd than
> the Celebrity, Summit (Carribean). I would hope the average age
> would be somewhere between 40 to 60. Also, some good dancing
> would be wonderful. What cruise line would you suggest and what
> time of year? Thanks for all of your in put .

Gary November 28th, 2002 08:18 PM

Holland American (I know, could be older crowd), is running a So American "special" cruise, starting in San Siego, CA and ending in Rio. Goes all the way around the Cape of Good Hope - 39 days (that's longer than 10) for Jan 2003. Lots of very interesting ports, including close to Anartica....