Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Frank

Default Infinity Medivac

My neighbor was on a Panama Canal cruise and had to be medivaced off the ship about 10 days ago, a few hours out of Cabo San Lucas on the last leg of the voyage due to a heart attack. I was wondering if anyone on that cruise might have taken pictures of the evacuation I could show him?

They had to add 6 stents and vacuum out some clots. After a week in the hospital he is home and he actually looks better than when he went. We had our concerns as he had a stroke about a year before this.

Talk about nice people, a couple they met on board let his wife stay with them as they were only 10 minutes from Scripps hospital. She was not allowed on the Coast Guard helicopter that evacuated him.

Talk about making a situation even worse - after taking something like 23 cruises, this was the first one that he didn't take insurance out for.
Frank-in-CA
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to tinytim
Default Re: Infinity Medivac

A guy on cruise @ddicts mentioned the medivac in his review. He also put up a reference in the review section to a bunch of pics. Maybe one is there. Go to cruise-addicts.com and check in the reviews setion.
Old November 29th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Kay S.

Default Re: Re: Infinity Medivac

Frank,

We have those pictures but they haven't been downloaded yet as we're waiting for Chuck's new computer. If you don't get them from somewhere else, please repost in a week or two. This couple's dinner table was right next to ours in the second seating. When Chuck showed me the pictures, I recognized the man immediately. We are so pleased to hear that he is doing well.

Kay
Old November 30th, 2002, 10:42 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Infinity Medivac

Thanks Kay:
I'll try to remember to post again in two weeks. I'm sure he'd be interested in those pictures. We went out to breakfast together this morning. He is doing very well, lost about 10 pounds and is very careful what he eats. We sort of felt bad in ordering what we did when he only ordered oat meal.
Frank