Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Default Ft Lauderdale to Miami Question

How far is it to Miami from Ft Lauderdale Airport? We are thinking about sailing the Mercury out of Miami in Feb but would rather fly into Ft Lauderdale if possible. Are there shuttles to Miami from there? Does Celebrity offer transfers from Ft Lauderdale to the port in Miami? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Dan S.

Default Re: Ft Lauderdale to Miami Question

Hi Rick,
We have done FLL airport to the Miami cruise pier. We took a cab. 25 mile ride, 20 miles of that are on I95. Takes about 35 minutes.

Dan
Old November 30th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Getting closer to 12/30

Fort Lauderdale airport is about 30 miles and about 30 min drive without traffic and about an hour or more during rush hour. I am sure you could grab a car service or something down to the port.

Fort Lauderdale airport is a breeze MIA is a nightmare.

Joe
Old November 30th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Ric

From Ft. Lauderdale to Miami, you can either take a shared ride service with a maximum 30 minute wait for $15 pp, or a private car that runs on demand for $55. The company's name is Tri-County Airport Express (800-244-8252). They are located right outside baggage claim, and you do not need reservations. If you take a private car, you can make arrangements with that person to pick you up in Miami for the return to Ft. Lauderdale. The return fare is more expensive, I believe $74 including tip. However, most cruise lines do offer transfers to and from Ft. Lauderdale for $16 pp. one way. I find it faster to use Tri-County for my trip to Miami, and will purchase the one way transfer on board ship for the return to Ft. Lauderdale Airport. The only time I don't use the transfers is if there are more than two of us, and/or we have flights before noon - the bus won't leave for the airport unitl full which someitmes can be a bit of a wait. I can usually fly into FLL the day before, spend the night (especially if using priceline) and pay for dinner for less than what it would cost me to fly into MIA. Since the trip to FLL is only approx. 20-25 minutes more than MIA, I find it more than worthwhile. Hope this helps.
Ric
Old November 30th, 2002, 07:46 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Ft Lauderdale to Miami Question

Try "ARound the Clock Shuttle" They provide transportation from Ft.Lauderdale airport to the Miami Cruise Ship pier for $15 pp....they run every hour...have a web site...www.atcshuttle.com. Have fun!
Old December 1st, 2002, 07:25 AM
Getting closer to 12/30

Call Todd at Family Car Service and tell him what you are doing and he will take care of you. We live in the area and use him to go to the port and then he meets us when the ship returns.

PH. 888-927-9990 or 954/755-7751

E mail seaairlimo@aol.com

Joe