Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2002, 07:10 PM
Beginner

Default Century Sky Suite

I presently have 2 category 5 cabins booked for my family of 4 for our June cruise. I was thinking of splurging for a sky suite especially to have a verandah. Celebrity tells me that that cabin 1225 will accommodate 4. I would love to hear opinions from anyone that has stayed in the sky suites, particularly on how crowded they are with 4 people and if they are worth the extra expense. This will be our first cruise. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2002, 10:12 PM
Babette

Default Re: Century Sky Suite

The cabin is 244 sq feet. Deduct 57 sq ft for the bathroom. Then deduct 130 sq ft for placement of furniture, closets, etc. That leaves your approx floor space. About 57 sq ft divided by 4 gives each person about 14 sq ft. Now...... pull out the sofa bed... add the rollaway and pray to God that nobody has to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

As has been stated elsewhere, there is not enough storage space to accommodate 4 people in a Sky Suite. Especially the closet space.

If a suite is your intent, I'd go up one additional category to a Royal Suite. However, one bathroom for 4 people....... never worked in our family. We always booked adjoining cabins.
Old December 24th, 2002, 06:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Century Sky Suite

I agree, I think 4 in a Sky Suite (they are very nice, had one on the Century) would be a bit crowded, but the upside of this would be that the verandah is nice and large, so there would be room to spread out.

Seriously, NO room except full suites are really great for 4, you have to learn to do things in shifts and it works fine.