Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Alex Skabry

Default Jim Cannon/Millie CD?

My wife and I are looking into cruising on the Millenium this February. We had a wonderful pair of cruises on it a couple of years ago and enjoyed the Cruise Director tremendously.

I was wondering if anyone has sailed her lately, and who the Cruise Director is now...
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2002, 12:18 AM
Sandie

Default Re: Jim Cannon/Millie CD?

We are sailing on Millie Feb. 23rd. We sailed with Jim on both Infinity and Summit. He is currently not on board. There is a gentleman from Vancouver who is currently the CD. I have forgotten the name, but if you check the Cruise Critics message board, you will find out more about him. If you book Feb. 23rd - all adult cruise - let us know.
Dan and Sandie
sf1776@comcast.net
Old January 2nd, 2003, 03:03 PM
SueClark

Default Re: Re: Jim Cannon/Millie CD?

I believe the new Cruise Director is Dru Pavlov - he was the Ass't CD last Sept. when we were onboard.

Sue
Old January 2nd, 2003, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Hi Alex:
Glad to see you'll be sailing on Millie again.

I heard that Jim Cannon is now in charge of all Celebrity cruise directors. It is an "inside" office job. He will probably be visiting the ships from time to time for supervisory purposes. Guess it is a very good promotion and big responsibility. We enjoyed how personable and professional he was when we sailed on the Millennium in Jan. '01 and the Summit in Jan. '02. We've only met 1 or 2 other CD's on all our cruises that we liked as much as Jim. He is one heck of a nice guy.

Hope you and Vicki have a great time on a wonderful ship.
Cindy
Old January 4th, 2003, 10:13 AM
trvlcarib

Default Re: Re: Jim Cannon/Millie CD?

Hello Alex/Viki and Cindy/Mort
Its Tom and Lisa from Colorado. Alex, good to see you still cruising, Lisa and I finally did Alaska on Infinity back in Sept and enjoyed it. However, we still enjoy the warmth of the islands and are going back on Summit next week. Cindy hope you and Mort are well and maybe someday we will be all back on board. Tom and Lisa
Old January 4th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Alex Skabry

Default Millenium

Hi Tom and Lisa:

Hope things are well with you and Lisa; Vicki and I were just talking about you this morning after Cindy/Mort's email. Everything still doing well in the snack industry in Colorado?

We're really happy to be sailing again. We took a year off in 2002, mostly due to the successful opening of Vicki's new busines and at least in part to the pinch put on our disposable income from a housing upgrade.

The deal we got on this trip made it impossible to pass up, but we're not keen on the itinerary. But we enjoy the cruise experience, the warm weather, cuisine, people meeting and such so staying on board while in port isn't a big deal in town's we don't like at all.

However, next year we may be very much interested in the Summit 10 day trip to Southern Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale. That's the right trip, for the right length out of the right port. Best wishes to both of you...hopefully we'll sail together again...maybe even with Cindy!
Old January 5th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Hi Tom & Lisa:
Nice to see you are still active cruisers on the nicest ships. We loved the Summit last year and had a chance to try out the Constellation in November for just a 2-night "cruise to nowhere". Haven't been on the Infinity yet. We cruised on the Century in September for the 4th time on that ship.

Mort and I are sailing next week also. We leave on Jan. 13th for an 8-night cruise on Carnival's Legend. We are going with a large group from Cruisemates ("Kuki's Birthday Bash"). Should be lots of fun and something different.

It would be great to cruise with you guys and Alex & Vicki again. Also Mary Lou. If you read the boards here regularly, you probably know that she is hosting a CM cruise in March on the Brilliance of the Seas. Unfortunately, Mort & I are unable to join that group.

Have a wonderful time on the Summit and enjoy the warm weather.
Cindy (and Mort)
Old January 5th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Hi Lisa, Tom, Vicki, Alex and Cindy....It feels like old home week. I've kept in touch with Cindy and even had the chance to see her and Mort twice since we sailed together on Milli. I hope all is well with everyone and I wish Vicki the best of luck in her new business. It was great seeing you guys here! Happy New Year.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 5th, 2003, 08:52 PM
trvlcarib

Default Re: Re: Re: Jim Cannon/Millie CD?

Hello MaryLou and Gary, Wow just like old times. Its nice to hear from you both along with Alex/Viki & Cindy/Mort. I am glad to see everyone is doing good and still enjoying cruising. Cindy I read that you went on Summit last year for the 10 nighter. We did Summit 11 nighter last year and really think that the 10 nighter itinerary is alot better. We will see. Well Alex the chip business here in Colorado is not the same. I was offered a nice position at Coors brewing and after 10yrs with F.L. decided to leave. I still can't believe it. That is a big change. Its nice to hear Viki has a new business and new home also. We did have to move into a rancher, so Lisa could get around easier. Lisa's health is pretty much the same as when we all cruised so that is good. Hopefully a cure will be found soon. I want to wish you all a very happy and healthy new year. Take care!! Tom and LIsa Colorado