Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2003, 01:04 AM
Admiral

Default Constellation Transatlantic 4/26

94 Days till Constellation sets sail from San Juan to cross the Atlantic. Who's going to be on her with us. We are looking forward to a great cruise.

Gaile
CM Host Tweety

94 days till Constellation
and
"Springtime in Europe"
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2003, 06:05 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Constellation Transatlantic 4/26

We'll be there - we booked months ago. We were on the Infinity twice - to Hawaii, and to Alaska, and we're looking forward to our cruise aboard another wonderful Millie-class ship.

Captain's Club Members note: there is a coupon for this sailing that can be applied at any time.

Are you coming with us, Tweety?

Brenda and Jim
from London, Ontario, Canada
Old January 22nd, 2003, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Brenda,

We have a Cruisemates Group going on Connie Transatlantic. It will be nice to meet you. We did Summit from Hawaii to Vancouver last May and are looking forward to this cruise on Constellation. Thanks for the info about the coupon, we also found it and put it to good use. Are you staying in London post cruise?

Stop in chat one nite and say hi.

Gaile
CM Host Tweety

94 days till Constellation
and
"Springtime in Europe"
Old January 22nd, 2003, 03:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

This is the next cruise on my calendar and I can't wait!! Superb itinerary.. with 8 glorious days at sea out of the 14. Can't imagine much better!!

We shop our groups to come up with the best priced packages we can find, and then try to create a fun atmosphere for the group. But, NO MATTER where you book, if you're on the ship, we want to meet you.

As I repeat often... our groups are inclusive not exclusive!

Regards,
Kuki

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 24th, 2003, 10:34 PM
Beginner

Hi Tweety, Kuki and Brenda,

We have also been booked on this cruise for several months. It feels like April is taking a really long time to come this year -- I can't wait to escape this cold! This will be our fifth cruise on Celebrity; we've been on Zenith, Galaxy, Summit, and Millennium.

We are arriving in San Juan one day early and staying in London for 3 days post-cruise. We're still researching Portugal ports and LeHavre to decide what to do there.

Look forward to meeting you all,

Linda and Mark from Maryland
Old January 25th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Hi Linda and Mark,

I have it on good authority (our TA) that it is a must to go to a sidewalk cafe, have a bottle of wine, some cheeze and a tomato in Lisbon. Sounds good to me. As for LeHarve, there is a Celebrity tour that takes you to Paris, you go on a river boat for lunch, have time for shopping and doing your own thing for a few hours and then back to the ship. Sounds like a winner to me.

We are arriving in SJ the day of the cruise and staying in London for a few after the cruise. Looking forward to meeting you and will be sure to contact you when the time gets closer if you'll send me your e-mail address.

April is just around the corner now. Stop in chat sometime. Weekdays 9 - 11 PM.

Post Edited (01-25-03 11:26)

Carnival Glory
Old February 1st, 2003, 11:41 AM
Dick Stein

This is our 25th cruise, fifth on Celebrity, we are captains club members. Have been on Mercury (2), Horizon & Infinity. This is our second transalantic. Last in 1994 on Royal Princess. We are in a 2b gurantee cabin so I cannot give cabin no.. Look forward to seeing you all on board. Take no stock in bad review of this ship because I have read more good than bad.
Old February 1st, 2003, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Constellation Transatlantic 4/26

HowD Dick.. welcome aboard!<G>
We sailed the Constellation last fall in Europe. Repeating a couple of the ports we visited on that sailing. Our last trip on her was outstanding; one of the reasons I chose her again for the CruiseMates Transatlantic cruise.
There are a number of galleries in the CruiseMates photo galleries... of the ship, as well as some of the ports of call.
Here's a link to the pictures I took of the ship.
http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=595.
If you want to see some of the other Constellation galleries.. go to photo galleries and look back for those posted around Sept.02.

Look forward to seeing everyone onboard!

Regards,
Kuki

Old February 1st, 2003, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Hi Dick,

I haven't been on Constellation but I take reviews both good and bad with a grain of salt and go see for myself. I have been on Mercury three times, Galaxy and Summit and have not been at all disappointed in any of the cruises. Have never been across the pond so this is a first for me and I am quite excited about it.

If you will send me your e-mail address we will keep you updated with any activities we plan. As Kuki says everyone is welcome to join in with us on the fun. Looking forward to meeting you all in 84 days, but who's counting.

Carnival Glory
Old February 2nd, 2003, 05:20 PM
Passenger

Hi Kuki, Tweety and all

I vote for having a Constellation Transatlantic chat on Wednesday night during Tweety's watch. We can get ourselves all revved up for our trip, now less than three months away (unfortunately, balance of payment is due less than a month away!)

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Brenda J.
Old February 2nd, 2003, 07:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Constellation Transatlantic 4/26

Brenda.. look forward to seeing you on Wed.
As the time draws nearer we can also set up a seperate "Constellation Chat" on a couple of nights for everyone to meet. We have the ability to add a chat room, so we'll just have to choose the days and times and away we go <G>

Regards,
Kuki

Old February 2nd, 2003, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Brenda,

Would love to have you join us in chat on Wednesday. Linda was in this past week and it was great talking to her. Would love to chat with you as well. But as Kuki says, in addition we can set up a seperate chat just for the Connie people as time draws nearer. And yes it is almost time for final payment. The only bill I gladly pay....

Carnival Glory
Old February 2nd, 2003, 11:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

My wonderful parents and myself are celebrating both my college graduation (hey I was on the 7 year plan, but at least I finshed) and there 30 wedding annivasary (two for the price of one). This is our first cruise over 7 days long and are really looking forward the sea days just to relax. Looking forward to meeting everyone on board.
Thanks,
Will
Old February 3rd, 2003, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Will, so glad to hear that you will be coming along on this cruise. It promises to be a wonderful experience with all those sea days.

Congrats to you on your graduation, you and your parents must be real proud no matter how long it took to get that diploma. And Congrats to your parents. 30 years is a big milestone. Where are you guys from?

The time is passing and before we know it we will be getting ready to cruise. (That's the optimistic me talking) Stop into chat any weeknight between 9 - 11 PM EST to help pass the time till the cruise.

Carnival Glory
Old February 3rd, 2003, 02:37 PM
Admiral

I've been in touch with my friends at Port Promotions. They're going to get me some pricing on private cars/buses/guides for anyone who may be interested. I'll let you know in a day or two what they find.

Regards,
Kuki

Old February 4th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Found my cabin #. 7190, as you can see Linda my recollection wasn't too good. Just wanted to let you know. Knew I had it somewhere.

Carnival Glory
Old February 5th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Passenger

Hope to see you all tonight at the 9pm chat. I'm really looking forward to it. We're in cabin 6094, although I am still looking for my upgrade to the Penthouse Suite! :-)

Actually, when on the Infinity to Hawaii a couple of years ago, we booked an inside category 9, and were upgraded to a 1A with balcony. And six weeks later, when I took the Infinity to Alaska with my mom, we booked an inside guarantee and got an outside. So, upgrades are very possible.

Keeping my fingers crossed . . .

Brenda J.
Old February 5th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Admiral

WOW Brenda, I'm gonna tell them I know you. Maybe I can have the Penthouse Suite :-) I'm really gonna just be happy to get on the ship. I can't take anymore of this winter weather.

CU in chat....
Old February 6th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Passenger

I'm with you, Tweety. I have definitely had enough of the cold.

I must say I think our chat was a success. Boy, that was a busy room. I am hoping we can do it again soon. Great bunch, huh? I can't wait till we can all meet.

Brenda
Old February 6th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Yes Brenda it was a blast. I think we should set up a weekly chat that is just for our Connie cruisers. It will probably be easier to follow that way. Perhaps we can pick a nite. We have the ability to open a second room in Cruisemates chat to do this. Let me know what you think.

Sounds like a great bunch of people going on the cruise with us. Really looking forward to it for that reason and because it is my first trip across the pond.

Gaile
CM Host Tweety

79 days till Constellation and "Springtime in Europe" Join us
http://www.cruiseassociatesonline.co...page=celebrity

Old February 6th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Excellent to meet all the other Connie cruisers in chat last night. We should DEFINATELY schedule some more chat sessions. Good to see such an excited group still this far from sailing.

Regards,
Kuki

Old February 7th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Thought some of you might enjoy reading the story of what happened to me last time I sailed the Constellation.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/humop/BadDream.cfm

Post Edited (02-07-03 12:36)
Old February 7th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Beginner

Kuki,
What a wonderful story! It was great chatting with everyone on Wednesday night. It will be cool having so many new friends on board. Hope we can have a Connie chat night soon. Have you heard anything further about shore excursions?

Will stop by and chat again soon,
Linda
Old February 7th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Admiral

I believe Kuki has contacted Port Promotions about setting up tours at the ports. I am sure he will post the results as soon as they arrange something.

Gaile
CM Host Tweety
Old February 8th, 2003, 08:46 PM
LadyJane

It really was fun in the chat room last Wednesday. I hope you do set up a "Connie Chat Room" for us. Time to start thinking about what to do in port...we haven't booked any excursions yet.
Looking forward to meeting you all!

Dick & Jane from Maine
Old February 9th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Jane,

Was great talking to you also. Seems like a really enthuastic group and that could result in some interesting times aboard Constellation, especially with all those sea days. Am looking into setting up a seperate chat room for our group and will advise when and if ASAP.

As far as shore excursions go, Kuki was looking into some with a company called Port Promotions. We have used them in the past and found them to be a bit better than the cruise lines for a little less money usually. I'm sure that as soon as he has anything definite to post he will do so. Perhaps you might like to wait until then.

Have a great Sunday.

Gaile
CM Host Tweety

76 days till Constellation and "Springtime in Europe". Join us!
Old February 9th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Admiral

For a separate Constellation chat room.. all you have to do is let me know when you want to do it. I'll set up the room, and you guys decide what day and time you want to meet there, and let everyone know.
Not complicated at all. People just enter through the regular chat, click on Rooms, and then click on Connie Chat.

Should have some info on private tours early this coming week.

Regards,
Kuki

Old February 11th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Admiral

I had been waiting until final payments were due, hoping a cabin on the stern of the ship would open up. Thanks to our group TA Ernie, I don't have to wait.
He'd been checking, and grabbed one for me when it became available. Party in 9162 . Wonderful Category 1 cabin, with those GREAT balconies, facing aft.

Also got my flight info..and I took care of seat selection today. All set to go!!! Now I just have to wait a little while <G>..... but the wait is getting shorter!

Regards,
Kuki

Old February 15th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Passenger

What do you think, Kuki? What's a good night for our chat? Personally, I'm up for it any evening. I say you pick a date and time and we'll all try our best to be there.

Lucky you - getting one of those huge balconies! We're in a 2C - 6094. We're hoping to schmooz it up with the Penthouse guests :-)

I'll right that down - party in 9162. Truly, I would love to see your cabin and take my obligatory photos of any cabin I get nose my way into. On the last day of our Infinity cruise, I went into every cabin that was open and took photos - it sure was nice to see how the suite life is; some day when those lottery doofuses finally pick the right numbers . . .

Let us know when our next chat is - looking forward to it.

Brenda

By the way, from the photos I've seen of you, you don't exactly look too shy to me. :-)
Old February 15th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Admiral

OK... Spread the word!! I'll set up a separate Constellation Chat room for this Wed. night starting at 8 PM Eastern Time.

Come into the regular chat area http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/chat/Chatpage.cfm then click on ROOMS... u'll see Connie Chat, then just click on that!

Hope to see everyone there!!

Post Edited (02-15-03 13:06)