Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2003, 02:02 AM
MarkAndStacie

Default Help me choose

I need some help in choosing a cruise. I have only cruised one time on the Crown Princess and loved it. My wife has also cruised once on the Sovereign. Together we have done several All-inclusives and actually preferred them overall. While in college I did several economic papers on the Cruiseline industry. This has fueled my fire to try more. The things we most want out of cruise are the things that are lacking in the A>I>ís we tried. These are a high food quality and romantic places and spots on the ship. We are in our 30ís and donít care much about the all night party scene, we are usually on our won before midnight rolls around. My first choice was one of the Millennium class. Only one is now sailing out of Florida for a one week cruise, and I donít care for 2 out of the 4 ports. Maybe I am wrong but San Juan and Casa de Campo do not sound that great to me. I have narrowed my choices to two choices, please advise or comment on the ships and itineraries. We are doing Eastern Caribbean for the better beaches and to see new things.

Century- Good points- Food, t-pool, costs 250 less, everyone seems to love this ship. Bad points- No balconies (without breaking the bank), San Juan port stop (?), 3 hours less in St. Martin.

Zaandam- Good points- Big suite with veranda, private island, steel drum sounds by pool, more room amenities. Bad points- costs $250 more, food (?), pool music and island sounds (?), as good as Celebrity (?).
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Babette

Default Re: Help me choose

Century... but I don't cruise any more for the ports. She's the best ship in Celebrity's fleet IMHO.