Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2003, 09:40 AM
OLDMAN

Default Parking - San Francisco

We are booked on Mercury 3-15-03 out of San Francisco. I should know such things since I've lived in this area for over 60 years, but, alas, I don't. Where is an inexpensive and convenient "long term" parking area near the cruise dock?

Thanks,

Ralph
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Parking - San Francisco

Check with some of the car rental agencies. Often they have good deals plus fairly good security.
Old February 15th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Admiral

I'm no expert on the subject, but from experience I have found that it is cheaper to buy a car than it is to park it in SF. Just kidding, but parking is higher than here in NY and I thought that was high. Good luck.

Carnival Glory
Old February 16th, 2003, 10:13 AM
First Mate

I will be taking the Mercury out of SF on April 12th. I have heard the parking is
$14 a day. I live in Fresno, CA and will be taking Amtrak....beleive it or not, it is actually cheaper for 2 people to take the train, than it is to park at the Pier in SF (and I won't have to make the 3 hour drive either)!.

Paul
Old February 21st, 2003, 01:24 AM
AlanJ

Default Re: Re: Parking - San Francisco

please let us know if you use the parking and what the price is and how convient it is.

If it is $14 a day I am OK with that - but I am concerned about timing. We will be rushing a bit to make the departure and hoping to get in and out quickly.
Old February 26th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Sandie

Default Re: Re: Parking - San Francisco

Hi Paul!

We'll also be sailing on the Mercury April 12. Hope to meet you on board.

We live near Redding and have been trying to get some info on the parking situation. Not sure whether to chance the parking at the pier or find an alternative. Amtrak sounds interesting.

Is there an Amtrak station near the pier? How will you get to the ship from the station?

Sandie
Old February 27th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Parking - San Francisco

Hi Sandie,

Thanks for your message.

Amtrak will drop you off in Emoryville (just across the Bay Bridge), but they will have a bus right there when you get off to take you to San Francisco. (It will be included in your cost of the ticket, so you won't have to pay extra). Make sure you buy your ticket for Fisherman's Wharf. The bus will let you off at Pier 39, and the ship leaves from Pier 35 (you will have to walk a few blocks, but if you have too much luggage, you can always take a cab).

This is sooo much easier than driving and parking (and cheaper too....Amtrak has a great 1/2 price special right now)! Parking at the Pier is $14 day ($98 week).

Are you travelling with any kids? My daughter is 14.

Take Care!

Paul
Old February 27th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Sandie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking - San Francisco

The Amtrak sounds like a lot more fun, but it looks like well be driving.

Amtrak from Redding for 4 of us is more than $300. That makes $98 for pier parking look not so bad. However, we were able to get a reservation for parking by calling the San Francisco Pier Authority, so we wont have to worry about getting a space.

We are bringing our two sons, 10 and 16. This will be our first real vacation in a long time and Im sooo excited. Weve never been on a cruise ship or to Mexico. And its been a long time since Ive been sailing on the ocean. My 16 year-old says I'm obsessed 'cause I keep surfing the net looking for more info on our ship and cruises in general.

Have you ever been on a cruise?

Sandie
Old February 27th, 2003, 05:13 PM
OLDMAN

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking - San Francisco

O.K. Sandie - so what's the number you called for parking reservations? We're in Antioch, but my brother and sister-in-law are comming in from Utah and the four of us are spending Friday night in The City. Thought we'd drop out stuff off at the ship Saturday morning, park, and do touristy things for the day.

Ralph & Pam (and
Kevin & Donna)
Old February 27th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Sandie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking - San Francisco

Sorry...the number we called is 415-398-0208. And the man we spoke with is Willie.

Have a great time!

Sandie
Old February 27th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband and I will be aboard the 04/12/03 Mercury. We live in the Sacramento area and plan to take Amtrak also. I was told to be careful to watch our checked baggage, as it's generally off loaded at the Ferry Terminal - I was told to inform the AMTRAK bus driver we will be getting off at Pier 39 so our luggage doesn't accidently get left behind. I was told the bus stop is between Pier 35 and Pier 39, on the same side of the street as the Cruise Terminal. I was also told that it's a very short walk to the cruise pier (I too was worried about schlepping our bags).

It's costing us only $62 round trip for two of us (including the buy one get one free offer we got in January). Maybe we'll run into one another on the ship!

If you're parking, make sure you get there early, as I was told spaces are in short supply at the $14 lot.

Suzi