Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Passenger

Default Board Feedback

It appears that fewer and fewer answers are coming in to many valid questions. Cruise @ddicts seems to be a better board these days. JMHO

Post Edited (03-02-03 12:10)
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Board Apathy

Which response did you want? I can only think of three. First would be a grovely /apology kind of thing saying "those of us who hang around here will try harder to live up to your expectations" . Second would be a diplomatic answer like ," maybe folks are all out on cruises or hiding in the basement from the snow and cold". Third would be the one most folks would expect (from me anyway) "so go hang out on the other.""better""board".

Truly, besides being an advertisement for another board, what would be the purpose of your post?
Old February 28th, 2003, 12:52 PM
TWOFERTWO

Default Re: Re: Board Apathy

I admit that the only times I frequent the various boards is when we are planning and we are booked on a cruise. That said, I have been away from all boards for almost a year and a half, although I've been here and elsewhere for the past two months. I was surprised coming back to this board, the lack of postings. This used to be my board of choice for cruise information. I see that CC is a very busy site now, and I go there first.

Perhaps PapaBill, resposnses such as yours have driven others away! I did not feel that that your comments were helpful to this board! I found nothing offensive in the the post of Kruzen56, it was "JMHO" after all. I do agree that this board is lacking in postings. JMHO!PapaBill wrote:

> Which response did you want? I can only think of three. First
> would be a grovely /apology kind of thing saying "those of us
> who hang around here will try harder to live up to your
> expectations" . Second would be a diplomatic answer like ,"
> maybe folks are all out on cruises or hiding in the basement
> from the snow and cold". Third would be the one most folks
> would expect (from me anyway) "so go hang out on the
> other.""better""board".
>
> Truly, besides being an advertisement for another board, what
> would be the purpose of your post?
Old February 28th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Simply put, if the beginning post was placed on either of those other two website message boards they would have been deleted because they referenced Cruisemates. We aren't that insecure. We do however have people, and even the occasional employee under fake names, from other website come here and tell people their website is better. Our staff does not do that. I think there is room for all, just that ours is a more friendly and informative place. As for Cruisemates slowing down in it's visitors and posts, statistics show and prove that CM has been growing at a rate of better than 20% a month. The boards alone have increased 34% in the last month and a half. We are also the cruise website that is recommended by Comsumer Reports, National Geographic, NY Times, USA Today, Travel Channel, etc. etc. Are we happy? Yes. Are we satisfied? No. We will continue to improve and modify our website and boards to fit the needs and wishes of those that come here and keep an open mind about suggestions.
Jim

Old February 28th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Board Apathy

Sorry you don't like my answer. That is the kind of answer that a "leading" question deserves. My posts to this board are frequent, helpful, complete and often.You can find my postings almost daily on this board and under most threads and topics. If you have other boards that you read and favor that is great. It is your right and privelage to post and read wherever you choose . I hope you continue to read and post here as well as elsewhere.
If the origonal post was anything more than a subliminal plug for another board, why was it not posted under the "ask the cruisemates staff" topic or the much more active Chit Chat topic? For that matter , if it was meant to be a legitamate gripe, then why wasn't it posted in the Gripes section ? Any frequent user of this board, truly concerned enough to post the origonal topic, would not bury it in the Celebrity Cruise lines section.
I'm not usually this arguementative. If you have true concern for this board there are ways and places to express it other than back door endorsements for other forums.
Example. Very few folks who frequent this board are Windjammer sailors. If one looks to that topic you will find that most postings are mine. You will also find references to more active and perhaps informative forums that are specific to that topic. Why?, Because that is the best place to get specific information not available on this board.
A front door recommendation made from knowledge of what is available here, not a back door recommendation for folks to go elsewhere.
I 've said enough and will not be returning to this thread .
Happy Cruising Folks.
Old February 28th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Jazz

No, there have been many posts about Cruisemates on the Addicts board. They do not delete them. You are worng there. ))
Old February 28th, 2003, 03:22 PM
TWOFERTWO

QUOTE:
......."We are also the cruise website that is recommended by Comsumer Reports, National Geographic, NY Times, USA Today, Travel Channel, etc........"

Consumer Reports does not recommend ANY business or organization for advertisement purposes! Suggest you contact them.
Old February 28th, 2003, 03:34 PM
TWOFERTWO

QUOTE from Consumer Reports:
Permissions are considered for non-educational institutions when it is clear that there is no commercial intent. As our No Commercial Use Policy states, in part, "The name of Consumers Union/Consumer Reports/ConsumerReports.org cannot be used in any advertising or promotion (including press releases) of any product or service that we have evaluated."
Old February 28th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Here's the link to the portion of the article in Consumer Reports ..http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...er-reports.cfm

A quick search shows Kruisin 56 has posted on the CruiseMates message boards 7 times,including this post, all since Feb. 1.

Now out of curiosity I did a quick check .. Cruise Addicts Celebrity Cruise Line Message board has had a total of 205 posts in the last 30 days, CruiseMates Celebrity Cruise Line Message board has had a total of 610 posts in the last 30 days. mmmm?

There are a number of good cruise info web sites around. I think many people visit at least three or four of them. At least those who have cruising in their veins do <G>

We feel CruiseMates is the BEST, because we offer more than only message boards. We've also built up an amazing library of feature articles covering all kinds of cruise related topics from know before you go, to first time cruisers, to family cruising, singles cruisings, gay & lesbian cruising, consumer guides etc. Many questions that cruisers have can be answered there simply by reading. It's like having a cruise magazine that is added to on a continual basis.
As well, we offer the Bargain Finder, where you can post looking for bids on a cruise you're interested in, and have agents anonymously quote, until YOU'RE ready to contact them. And many other features!

So, while some sites may seem like they are getting more activity on their message boards, at CruiseMates there is alot of activity going on behind the scenes as well, where people are picking up valuable cruise information.

We're VERY pleased with the numbers of visitors the web site attracts, and so are our advertisers, and so seemingly our MOST of the friendly regular posters who make up the CruiseMates community. And anyone who posts is a welcome member of that community!

The site is still growing at an amazing rate, and we sure welcome more participation!!! As I said, there are a number of good cruise sites around. It's NOT a competition, though some might like to view it as such. They all have strengths and weaknesses. We like to think we are trying to turn our weaknesses into strenghts faster than the others <G>

Regards,
Kuki

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 28th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Jazz

I love all the cruise boards!!
Old February 28th, 2003, 05:52 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Board Apathy

This guy needs a life, and a better attitude.
Old March 1st, 2003, 08:13 AM
Passenger

Sorry folks it`s not an advertisement or a put down, just an observation. Last year was my first cruise and this board answered soooo many of my questions and concerns. It made the experience a better one. This year I note that many questions go un-answered or little advice is given.
I know that you veterans have a wealth of experience that can make a newbie`s experience better, safer, and even less expensive. I just didn`t notice it as much this year.

Best to all!

Old March 1st, 2003, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Certainly this question didn't go unanswered. I have been very pleased with this board and I rarely look at others because I know that my questions will be answered in a very professional way. The environment on this board is generally safe for people with many points of view and I have nothing but respect for the staff.
Old March 1st, 2003, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Kruzin56:
I'm sorry you feel there has been a decline in the number of questions that get answered. I would like to suggest that if you do post without receiving an answer, please feel free to email any of the staff with the question and we will be sure to find an answer for you.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old March 1st, 2003, 09:13 PM
Admiral

Kruizin56 has only made 6 posts total INCLUDING the two in this thread. Don't understand what you are basing your judgement on. Seems others are pretty happy with the response they receive here from all these great people that make up these boards. Can it be better? Of course, always room for improvement but it won't happen by finding fault and making statements like elsewhere is better. Post questions and answer others questions when asked.
Jim