Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport

Hi All,

Just booked the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport for one night after our Century cruise on priceline.com for $70.00. Anybody out there ever stayed at this hotel before? Would love to hear a quick review.

Thanks,

Bill
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2003, 11:49 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport

Hi I just came onboard & saw your post. That's an excellent price. My TA suggested this hotel for a pre-cruise night. I know they have a free shuttle from the airport, but do you know if they also offer the same for shuttle to the cruise port?
Old April 2nd, 2003, 05:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport

Dear Marbella,

I will be calling the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel soon and will ask them about a shuttle to Port Everglades and let you know.

Have a great day,

Bill
Old April 2nd, 2003, 06:56 PM
Jazz

Take a taxi to port. Get there around 10:30 and you will be onboard before the shuttle leaves the hotel! Same thing getting back to the airport. Do you want to arrive with 75 other people at the same time?? NOT...................................))))))))))
Old April 2nd, 2003, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Hilton or Sheraton Hotel are typical airport business person's hotels.... clean, modern and in the middle of nowhere with vaguely edible but over priced food and drink. If you don't have a rental car, you're trapped there... cabs to Downtown, or Las Olas or 17th Street are quite expensive. I'd look into the Amerisuites if I were you... walking distance to the Port... to the water taxi stop... to great restaurants, other attractions... and, they'll take you to the airport... and to the pier... I just don't know if they'll pick you up at the pier and take you to the hotel.... that's a near impossible task... but it's just a 5 minute cab ride.

Post Edited (04-03-03 07:51)
Old April 5th, 2003, 03:55 PM
William Wright

Ernie

I was torn betwen the AmeriSuites and Embassy suites -- I've settled on Embassy Suites for the pre-cruise night-- must say though that AmeriSuites swore that they would not only take me to the dock, but also pick me up upon return -

Bill Wright
Old April 8th, 2003, 06:29 PM
gann

Embassy suites picked us up after our cruise. We did have a room for that night. Like to spend a post night so that the airport isn't so busy. Can't go wrong with the Embassy Suites. Have a good cruise.
Don
Old April 8th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Bill... they are both fine properties. I think both the Hilton and Sheraton at the airport are "dogs"... in the sense that one is far from anything of interest here in Fort Lauderdale... and getting to/from anything is quite expensive. Those properties are used a lot by the cruise lines, but don't rise to the top of the list of those who want to enjoy an evening before or after a cruise from PEV.