Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Passenger

Default Galaxy - Baltimore

My husband and I are interested in taking the 11-night Ultimate Caribbean out of Baltimore. We were on the Horizon last year, and extremely disappointed with the limited activities being offered during the day. Can someone tell me if this is true on the Galaxy?

We did the Millie in 2000, and had endless activities, so I'm trying to find out if this is something new with Celebrity, or just characteristic of the Horizon.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Will B

Default Re: Galaxy - Baltimore

Are you close to the Baltimore gateway? I too looked at that cruise and decided that the so called Ultimate 11 day cruise is just an excuse to add several more sea days since they sail from Baltimore. Since I have to fly from the West coast, I decided to look at a lot more choices in ships and itineraries leaving from Florida.
Old March 26th, 2003, 11:20 AM
David Starkey

Extra sea days, wonderful, thats why you travel by ship instead of flying. You always have more activities when at sea vs being in port. We sailed out of Baltimore in June on the Galaxy doing an 11 day Canada/New England route. We loved it wouldn't hesitate to sail from Baltimore again. We perfer the Century class of ships to the Millie class, but thats just based on the excellent cruises we have always had on that class of ship. We have done the Infinity twice, but neither time enjoyed it as much. Apple or oranges, who can say which is better. Lets face it, Celebrity delivers an excellent product at a very fair price. Thats my 2 cents worth.
Old March 26th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Frank Black

Default Re: Re: Galaxy - Baltimore

Personally, I think 5 sea days on an 11 day cruise is too many sea days. Plus I have no desire to visit Charleston. But if I lived near Baltimore, I would give it strong consideration. Have you looked at the Summit 11 day cruises out of Miami?
Old March 26th, 2003, 09:28 PM
bobmac

We sailed out of Baltimore on the Galaxy in October to the western caribbean and loved it so much we are going on the 11 night eastern caribbean out of Baltimore on April 28. Can't beat driving to the port in less than an hour and back home in less than an hour. The ship is beautiful, service great and I love the sea days!
Old March 27th, 2003, 09:00 AM
First Mate

To add another opinion, I prefer a day at sea to a day in port. There is nothing more relaxing then being in the sun on the open sea. As far as leaving from Baltimore, why would I want to pay $1,000 to fly a family of 4 to FL for a 7 day cruise, when I can drive 2 hours, pay to park and take an 11 day cruise?
Old March 27th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Haven't done the Galaxy out of Baltimore, but have been on the Century, Horizon, Mercury (2 times), Millennium (2 times) and the Summit.

I felt that (at least when I sailed) that the activities offered on these ships was just about what I found on other lines. A few activities, but nothing overbearing.
Old March 28th, 2003, 06:01 AM
dottyd

We sailed out of Baltimore last June to do the 10 day Western Carribbean on the Galaxy. We took the entire family son's, daughter-in-laws and grandchildren and nobody was board. We all did our own thing.

Celebrity had alot of activities available on the sea days and we had alot to do in the ports. If there is any down time there is always the option of finding a quite spot to read or people watch.

My husband and I are booked for same cruise on May 9. This time we'll be on our own but really do not think we'll be board.
Old April 4th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Buil Chamless

For those of you who may not have seen our website, we created an extensive personal website from our Galaxy cruise, which contains food menus, bar menus, wine lists, stateroom info, a huge number of PHOTOS & lots more. It also has a link to our Baltimore website, which has considerable link info, especially the restaurants, which have a direct menu link from our website.

http://www.cruiseclues.com/galaxy