Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2003, 08:39 AM
roland king

Default are all the new celebrity ships the same?

We cruised the Millennium at the end of 2001 and liked the Celebrity style, even if the age group was perhaps a little older than us.

We are researching our next cruise and, although we may switch lines (it's hard to find one which has the same good service reviews but we're trying) we took at look at the other new Celebrity ships. We like ... new ships.

Are all 4 of the new Celebrity ships, the Milly, the Infinity, the Summit and ... I forget, the same as in the same layout, same cabins, same facilities etc? It certainly looks like they are pretty similar.

We liked the way the ship was but part of the excitement is discovering a new ship with new things and different cabin layouts, different amenities etc.

Roland
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Default Re: are all the new celebrity ships the same?

Have only been on Summit but will be going on Constellation (that's the other one) in 29 days. I am thinking that they are going to be pretty much the same. Have been on Mercury and Galaxy and the layout of those two ships is very similar. Don't know however that this is a bad thing, I had a great time on both ships. Have done Mercury 3 times.

Let me preface this by saying that I am a Celebrity fan so therefore my opinion is a little biased, but we prefer Celebrity because it just seems to be a bit better than other lines we have been on. Having said this I must also add that I have never been on a bad cruise just that we prefer Celebrity. Currently my favorite ship is Summit.

If you believe that the exploration of new ships is part of the excitement than perhaps you might want to consider another line. Have heard that Brilliance is a really spectacular ship from someone who's opinion I respect so you might want to give that a shot.

Let's see what others have to say.

Carnival Glory
Old March 28th, 2003, 11:01 AM
martinimomma

Did Millie Med 2001, and doing Connie 2004 Baltic!!!! Love Celebrity. Not sure what you mean about "older" folks. Had a table of 14 for dinner on Millie, all new friends, oldest might have been 50!!! Life is great on any cruise ship, but much better and with alot more style on Celebrity. Bon Voyage.
Old March 28th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Yes the layouts are pretty similar as are the layouts on Mercury, Galaxy and Century
similar to each other (and Zenith and Horizon are similar to each other).
The one common thread they all have is Celebrity service and Celebrity food and the general way that Celebrity does things that makes it a cut above the rest.
You probably can't go wrong on any Celebrity ship.
Old March 28th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Yup, the layouts of the Millennium, Summit, Infinity and Constellation are the same. Absolutely beautiful ships.
Old March 28th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Roland King

Default Re: Re: are all the new celebrity ships the same?

are there any big differences then? Do they have radically different decor, very different restaurants ... anything? Something which makes it a very different cruising experience?
Old March 28th, 2003, 02:26 PM
AR

Default Re: Re: Re: are all the new celebrity ships the same?

Nothing is radically different among the four ships. The space that's used for the sports bar on the Millie is the conservatory on some of the others. The specialty restaurants all have different names and different decor, but always the same excellent food. The art, the carpeting and things like that are somewhat different ship to ship, but nothing you'd come close to calling "radically different." As far as I know the cabin layouts are identical.

AR
Old March 29th, 2003, 12:57 AM
Passenger

I too am a Celebrity fan, having sailed on Century, Summit, Infinity and in June will be on Mercury.
I just had to write that we had a great experience on the Radiance of the Seas, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, we sailed on her during a Hawaiin cruise. This ship was as close to a Celebrity ship as you can get, it was beautiful and very new.
It may not have been Celebrity but my husband and I enjoyed her large size, tasteful decor and generous public areas.
Good luck finding your next ship.
Karol
Old March 29th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Roland King

Default Re: Re: are all the new celebrity ships the same?

yes - the Radiance class was suggested as a good alternative for this cruise. Regrettably both of those class ships are cruising the carribean for just the next
3 weeks and are then off to Alaska/Europe for the summer season. We were trying to go away in May so we just miss them. I am looking at the other RCI ships too to see if one is going to fit the bill.
Old March 29th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Admiral

I also believe that the Teen club has been placed in the area where the conservatory was on the Millie on the other ships.
Old March 29th, 2003, 01:07 PM
timedog

Roland
You might consider Century for your May cruise. Although it is an older ship it has been very well maintaned and not showing it's age. Great cabins and public areas and a new deck plan for you to explore.
Old March 29th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Benjamin Smith

Millennium ships are fairly carbon copies in decor. Century ships are quite different in decor. Layout of Century ships are similar, but not decor, furnishings. Millennium class has some differences in placement of minor areas but furnishings I think is dissapointingly and boringly similar ship to ship.
Old April 10th, 2003, 10:00 PM
First Mate

If you're thinking about changing lines to try something new, I would recommend the Explorer of the Seas (RCI) to the E. or W. Carib. We've sailed on Exp. twice and absolutely loved it. We had never cruised before and our TA chose it for us. We are hooked on cruising for life. Any of the Voyager class ships would be great. We are doing the S. Carib. next Jan. on Adventure.
This summer we are changing lines for an Alaskan cruisetour. We are going with friends who are part of a large group and are getting a good group rate. If we had chosen for ourselves, we probably would have gone with RCI, but are looking forward to a new experience. Pictures of the ship in the brochure look very nice and I know the scenery is breathtaking. I love the concept of the domed railcar. We just booked it yesterday and I am so excited, I can't stand it. Has anyone here done the Denali Discovery cruisetour?