Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Robert Levitt

Default Mercury v. Millennium

I have recently sailed on the Millennium and stayed in the Royal Suite. It was great. I am thinking of sailing on the Mercury to Mexico in March, 2004 and staying in either the Royal Suite or the Penthouse Suite. Has anyone sailed on both ships and can comment on the differences, if any, in both ships including staterooms. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2003, 08:13 AM
David Starkey

Default Re: Mercury v. Millennium

Have sailed both class of ships several times, have not stayed in a suite so I cannot make a fair coment. I can ,however ,testify that the Mercury is an excellent ship and my personal favorite in the Celebrity fleet.(it just has a special feeling and service that exceeds some of the other ships in the fleet). My family and I are sailing her on the Mexico route next March too.
Old April 13th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Babette

Default Re: Mercury v. Millennium

I just got back from Mercury's 4/5 California Coastal cruise. I had Penthouse 1047.
I loved it. It was my second time this year in the same Penthouse.

The jacuzzi on the verandah is for one person. The jacuzzi bathtub in the bathroom is for two. Ditto the shower.. though only one showerhead.

The Penthouse also has a butler's pantry complete with full size side-by-side refrigerator, microwave and sink. Every night there is a new cheese platter and fresh fruit platter placed in the frige for you. Also complimentary are several 20 oz bottles of Coke, sprite, club soda and tonic water. Besides the bottle of Michel Roux champagne upon embarkation, there are also two full bottles of comped booze... Chivas and Absolut.

The Royal Suites on Mercury are quite nice. I've stayed in those several times as well. SInce I did both PH as an onboard paid upgrade.. I just paid the extra money. I don't think I would pay the huge $$$$ figure Celebrity asks for the PH. I'd rather spend that kind of money on Seabourn or Silversea. But a PH for $1437 single occupancy for 7 nights... yeah... I can live with that!!