Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2003, 08:09 AM
English Voyager

Default Concierge Class

I read recently that Celebrity was introducing in early May a Concierge Class cabin.
I cannot find a reference to this on Celebrity's website.
What is Concierge Class,and,other than the size of accommodation,how does it differ from the benefits attaching to Suite accommodation?
Look forward to advices.
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to marbru
Default Re: Concierge Class

With Celebrity Concierge Class sailings you receive extra service and amenities. Here are some of the things you might expect:

Luxurious bedding
Welcome champagne
Fresh flowers and fruit
Thick robes
oversized towels
Massaging shower heads
Cushioned chairs on the veranda
Priority embarkation
Priority to shore excursions
Express luggage delivery
and more!

Sounds like a wonderful way to cruise to me!

Mary
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Mary's details are correct. However, from the Captain's Club desk they stated it was only available in Cat. 1C and above on the Millennium class of ship (that is what I was inquiring about). Plus it also included the services of a Concierage desk staff member just like in a good hotel.
Old June 4th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Has anyone sailed in concierge class? What did you like/not like about the cabin and the perks?

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old June 4th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Passenger

I have only heard that it applicable to only 1As! I did hear on the older ships that category 3 would become concierge class in 2004!

Catherine
Old June 5th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Pooh Bear

Default Re: Re: Concierge Class

Only applies to 1A cat. on M class. We were booked in one of these CC cabins on Summit repo cruise in May.

Also booked in 1A cat. on Infinity in Dec.

Best thing about CC is: Priority Embarkation - can board with suites/VIp paxs. The rest of the amenities are okay - the over hang on deck 9 bothered me (not a good place to take photographs with that darned overhang showing up in each of my photos....)- but dh loved it as it provides shade and protection from the rain. Also, nice table on veranda large enough for dining. Pads on the veranda chairs (should be standard on ALL veranda chairs IMHO. The hair dryer is higher wattage - better than the tube type in other category cabins (but I didn't find it until end of May's cruise - it was "hidden" under the bathroom vanity and since I use the over the door shoe thingie - I didn't find the added "bam" hair dryer until we were packing to leave. Snacks (hors 'de etc.) served every afternoon in the cabin around 4:30 were okay - but boring fast (not great). Welcome Champagne bottle on ice in room upon arrival was nice touch - also, for some reason, brought us another bottle of champagne when we had a couple of friends in one afternoon - no extra charges - still trying to figure that one out...Nice bedding upgrade - should be expanded to ALL categories (IMHO).

Celebrity didn't have to do any of the above to retain my business - we like their ships and if we hadn't gotten a really good deal on the 1A - would have been very happy to book 1C. (But will reiterate: it sure was nice to move to the head of the line on embarkation!)
Old June 5th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

The other item is a test for Concierge Class in the 1A. If the reviews are favorable it will expand to Cat 1B and 1C. Got that info straight from the hotel manager.

As Pooh bear said the overhang is not that nice to have, but we loved the extra amenities. Like a suite without the butler.

Old June 8th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Mrs. Seabird

Are all 1A's designated as Concierge on M class ships? (And how do you say Concierge? :-)
Old June 9th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Concierge - pronounced "KON-'syerzh" according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.

And yes, all 1As on M class ships are concierge.

Y2C - what was your favorite thing about the concierge class? Was there any amenity you didn't use or could live without? Did you use the services of the concierge?

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old June 10th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Mrs. Seabird

Thanks mbuckellew! I guess we'll be getting the royal treatment. Now to teach DH how to pronounce concierge. :-)
Old June 11th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Everybody,

It appears that "Concierge Class" extends many of the added amenities of suites (deluxe tolietries, etc.) to the top categories of standard cabins.

I suspect that the ultimate fate of "Concierge Class" will depend upon how much extra Celebrity can charge for it. If it supports a decent premium over comparable cabins without the extra amenities, other cruise lines will copy it.

Norm.
Old June 12th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Passenger

I have a clients who have decided to celebrate their 10th anniversary on a cruise. They want something special. So, I priced Constellation, concierge class and then priced just a balcony on another cruise line and the pricing difference was less than $100 more on Constellation! I would say that is an excellent deal.

Have a great day, all!

Mary
Old June 13th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Concierge Class

Mary,

I have a clients who have decided to celebrate their 10th anniversary on a cruise. They want something special. So, I priced Constellation, concierge class and then priced just a balcony on another cruise line and the pricing difference was less than $100 more on Constellation! I would say that is an excellent deal.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. $100 per person seems like a lot of money for a week's worth of fancier that standard soap, shampoo, and such....

Norm.
Old June 13th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Concierge Class

Norm,

Some people work and plan very hard in order to do that something special. This is more than just a few bars of "fancier soap".

You are right. There are indeed different strokes for different folks. That is why all of these cruise lines are as successful as they are.
Old June 15th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Passenger

Hi All,

Hubby and I recently had a Concierge Class cabin on Infinity. Off the top of my head, some random thoughts:

I was grateful for the hairdryer as I was able to plug it in at the desk and do my hair while hubby was showering.

The chair cushions and large table on the balcony made it worth it - that was really an enhancement.

The flowers were a nice touch, but they took up valuable counter space both on the desk and in the bathroom. It might be a good idea to eventually mount the vases they come in on the wall. We enjoyed the fresh fruit every day and the welcome champage.

The bathroom amenities were nice, but I think they were the same brands just packaged up in Concierge Class bottles and again taking up room on the shelves.

The bedding was nice. The duvet was very yummy. The brochure mentioned a pillow menu, but we never saw it. Same four flat pillows everyone had. Also, no pillow top mattress as advertised, but the bed was quite comfortable.

The canapes were delivered once, and they were fine. I think they were supposed to come every day, but we weren't in the cabin much.

LOVED the thick robes and towels. I saw the regular cabin robes (waffle weave type) and ours were much nicer. We saw a lot of the other robes because people were constantly parading around in them and attending the buffet in them even though the dailies requested they not be worn around the ship.

We had the use of binoculars and an umbrella, but we didn't need either. Our tote bag was nicer than the other ones.

Didn't know their was supposed to be the use of a concierge until reading this thread. We didn't really need one anyway.

All in all, I thought it was very nice. It's a brilliant marketing strategy, I think; a way to sell cabins at a premium that are identical to others and due to location, not necessarily as desirable.

Amy
Old June 21st, 2003, 11:31 PM
SF Sharon

I thought I read somewhere that it's $10 pppd extra for the Concierge Class amenities. Is that accurate, or is it just part of the fare in that category of cabin?

On the Star Princess in May, we got nice thick robes on request (no charge) from our cabin steward. We're Platinum in the Captain's Circle, and I don't know if that is why we got the robes or if anyone who requested them got them. Fresh fruit was available daily in the cabin even in "steerage."

I use a duvet at home and am looking forward to having one on a ship. The pillowtop mattress sounds great, too. I would appreciate 100% cotton sheets with a high thread-count, if someone would make that available. I hate it when the cotton/polyester pillowcases get little pills on them. All lines should get rid of their linens when they show much signs of wear.

I think chair pads are great, but agree that everyone should have them. In fact, deck chair furniture everywhere ought to be of higher quality.

I do think that $100 per person is pretty steep for the extra amenities, unless they want to add some caviar to the mix. The charge ought to be enough for the cruise line to pay for the amenities, but not enough for it to be a separate revenue stream.
Old June 22nd, 2003, 05:32 PM
Babette

There are etwo big drawbacks to almost all the CC clas staterooms on the M-Class ships.

1. The Overhang

2. They are located directly under the resort deck and subject to noise pollution.
Old July 4th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Nicolas Poitras

Hello Amy!

Just wondering, did you find your cabin noisy? I noticed it is located right under the pool/buffet areas which could be a problem: deck chairs being moved around, band, etc.

Thanks!

Nicolas