Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Beginner

Default Millenium 6/28-share excursions?

Looking for others to share shore excursions with - especially in Athens, Florence/Pisa and Rome. Venice and Santorini are easy to do on your own, and we plan to take a hydrofoil to Capri from Naples. We have gotten names of drivers who are reliable and a lot of fun. May cost $400-$500 for the day, but they will take you where you want to go and when you divide the cost by 3 couples, it's a lot cheaper than the ship's tours!!

If anyone else out there has already booked a driver and needs another couple to join them - email me with details. If anyone has other ideas that we may not have thought of - we are open!

My husband Manny and I are mid-40's and celebrating our 25th anniversary on this trip. It's only 6 weeks away - can't wait!!

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2003, 11:28 PM
Chris Hoolhorst

Default Re: Millenium 6/28-share excursions?

Wendy,

Five of us (one 14 yr old) will also be on the 28th sailing of the Mellenium in the Med.. We would like to know of the names of drivers, or companies, in Barcelona, Rome, and maybe Athens for private tours. Your comment about $500 sounds great, my research shows higher. I do not know how many people are max on a private tour.

( We took this ship thru Scandinavia on one of it's maiden voyages a couple of years ago----you will love it ! )

Thanks, Chris
Old May 26th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Millenium 6/28-share excursions?

Chris,
I will check into the amount of people you can take on these trips. Some of them have limos which I'm sure would hold 8-10 people. There is a guy named Max who took six people on a tour in Rome and they said he was the best! Will check and see if he can take 7? He was $500 for the entire day. There is a Daniele in Italy who is highly recommended and we have booked George "The best taxi driver in Greece" while in Athens. I think he can only take 4-5 people in the taxis, but I'm sure he has other drivers as well. He will meet us at the pier with a sign with our name on it and charges $28Euro or $32/hour. Not bad if you are sharing with another couple! He said we can either go on a 4 hour Athens tour, or 8 hours to Athens/Sounion. Did you sign up for the Cruise Critic party? That's another website - not sure if you've been on that one but the people have lots of great info!

Old May 29th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Beginner

Chris - I booked in Rome and Florence/Pisa with

Claudio Caponera
www.limoinrome.com
claudio@limoinrome.com

He is quite reasonable when you split the cost - we have booked a minivan which takes up to 6 people, but they do have some that hold up to 8 people.

In Athens, we booked with George Kokkotos at:

http://www.magicaljourneys.com/trave...el-george.html

He charges $28/hr Euro or $32 US/hr. Not sure of the size of his vehicles, but we booked a taxi which I'm assuming holds 4 people plus driver.

If anyone else is interested in sharing these excursions, we have room for 2 people in our Athens tour ($32 hour) for 4 or 8 hrs, and our 8 hour tours in Rome and Florence/Pisa has room for 4 people each. The cost of these would be less than $100 each person including the tip - much less than the ship charges for tours of this length! And we get to ride in a Mercedes minivan instead of a big bus! I'm counting the days til this trip - can't wait!!

Old May 30th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Beginner

Our Athens tour is now full. Still have room in Rome and Florence for 4 people each.