Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2003, 04:26 PM
lysolq

Default Captain's Club newsletter coupons

Received our CC newsletter today and excitedly called CC to see if we could use the enclosed coupons for our August 6 Century cruise, even though we made final payment just last week. (The coupons state they must be submitted "at time of final payment."

Re the $50 onboard credit coupon, I was told to forward it to my TA, who should fill it out and send it into Celebrity. That having been done, we should see a $50 credit on our onboard cruise account. So far so good.

Re the $125 off sailing coupon (which IS applicable for our particular sailing), I was likewsie told to send it to my TA. However, there are caveats. The CC rep with whom I spoke told me we will receive the credit a) if the fare we booked is the proper code (I can deal with that), and b) only IF the TA is willing to accept it.

Well, I haven't reached my TA yet, so I'm not sure what she will do, but the coupon clearly states that travel agents will receive their commission "based on the discounted fare." I asked the CC rep what happens if my TA doesn't want to accept the coupon and her response was, "then you can't use it."

Am I missing something here?
Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Jazz

Default Re: Captain's Club newsletter coupons

Our TA just told me to fill it out and send it in. I did and got the credit.
Old June 6th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Admiral

My TA also told me the same thing. A good agent wants your business now and in the future. They don't have to send the bottle of wine and can save their commision with out that expense. Travel competition is fearce but happy customers are valuable assets.
Old June 7th, 2003, 05:22 AM
MaryK

I'm trying to get hold of my TA. Have called twice but she hasn't returned my calls. In addition to the $50 coupon there is a $125 coupon on a sailing that we've already paid for and hope to be able to use it. I think I'll just send the coupons to her anyway and hope that they'll be honored by her.

Another question about Captain Club - - I've been a member for about 8 years now. Does anyone know how many times a year the newsletters are sent, and about what time of the year are they sent? I've never used the coupons for sailings but will start doing so. My timing always seems to be somewhat off.