Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Passenger

Default Pop cards help!

My sister and i are going on the millennium in July. As we have been on other cruise lines we know there are such things as pop cards. And reading thought post we have discovered that the same appiles to Celebrity. but Is there such a thing as a reduced children's pop card? also is it unlimatied pop on swipe cards like royal caribean? or is it tokens like on costa ships? If it is a swipe card then it would be better for us just to get one and use it between us. Would they let us do that?
thanks
becky
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Pop cards help!

I understand it is unlimited pop only and no reduced price for kids. It is $4.50 per day plus 15% gratuity. You have to buy it for the length of the cruise, but it you don't buy it until day 3, you pay for the rest of the days.

Royal Car. has a card where you can get 12 drinks pre-paid, but the last I heard, Celebrity does not do that.
Old June 19th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

The pop cards are a sticker that is put on your Celebrity card - so you need one for each person ordering. I don't believe there is a reduced rate for children as 2 years ago, Celebrity only sold the stickers for children at the same rate that they charge for adults.
The pop sticker is only good for fountain sodas not cans.
Old June 21st, 2003, 04:57 AM
glum

If we buy one soda sticker. Can the person who's card is stickered get multiple drinks - ie can they go up and get two sodas or must they visit several times to get a round in possibly going to different bars
Old June 21st, 2003, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Just one drink per visit. The cards are "all you can drink", not all everyone on the ship can drink <G>

One of my pet peeves... at a restaurant I used to own we featured an "all YOU can eat" wings and ribs night. And people would actually get indignant when told they couldn't pass them around to everyone else at the table who hadn't ordered the special.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 22nd, 2003, 07:41 AM
glum

I agree with the all you can eat philosophy of not sharing and i agree to some degree on the single drink per visit for the soda card too. I was just clarifying what beka was asking. She was trying to determine if they could get a single drinks card for two kids. I suppose they could share a drink and then get another later - it really depends on how much they're going to drink between them (and how hot it is). if its 4.50 a day for 12 days, a total of $54 then another $54 may or may not break the bank.

We personally will be getting one drinks card for the wife as she very rarely drinks alchohol. I on the other hand very rarely drink soda and then only with a Southern Comfort or Bacard. .

owever I have a further couple of questions regarding this.

1) can we get room service to deliver a fountain soda using the soda card for free?
2) can the wine waiter serve fountain soda or must we pay (or take it in with us)?
Old June 26th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Passenger

I believe that the soda card is good in the restaurants and bars. I would guess that the regular waiter would need to bring it, but maybe the wine steward can too.

FYI, there is a tip on the soda card so there should be no additional tip when it is served.

On a related issue, I do think there should be a reduced rate on the soda card for kids. My husband can and does drink way more sodas than either child.
Old June 26th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Passenger

If you want to get soda in the dining room, you will have to get the bar staff member to get it for you. This person only comes around once. I tend to drink a lot of soda during the meal, so I ask them to leave me 2 drinks.

Cathy