Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Yeoman

Default HAL vs Celebrity

We are planning an Alaskan and are debating HAL vs. Celebrity. We are looking at a one way from VAncouver to Seward (or vice versa). We want to include Sitka and Hubbard Glacier on the itinerary. We just got back from Princess' cruise and loved it so much we want to go back with another couple, but we want to see some new things. On HAL we would be getting a Verandah Suite category A or B on the Ryndam, Veendam, or Statendam. On Celebrity, we would get Premium or Deluxe Veranda Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda. It looks like that would be either Summit or Infinity. Would you choose HAL or Celebrity and why?

Post Edited (06-27-03 18:23)
Carnival Inspiration
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2003, 05:21 PM
SF Sharon

Default Re: HAL vs Celebrity

I would choose whichever ship has the itinerary you like best and has the least competition from other ships in port (or sharing Glacier Bay, for example).

Check out alaskacruises.org to find out what ships are in ports the same days and times.
Old June 28th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: HAL vs Celebrity

Things to consider:
Price, age of pax, style of service and entertainment and quality of ship and cuisine.

I think that if you loved Princess, you are with another couple and you are not over 70 that you will like Celebrity better. If food , service and luxury in cabin and around the ship are important to you then I would definitely go with Celebrity.

ROSS
Old June 28th, 2003, 02:08 PM
linda g

I totally agree in choosing Celebrity! We tried Celebrity because it ported out of Baltimore to go on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. We were so impressed that we booked again with Celebrity to go on the Infinity to Alaska on September 12th. I have heard that there tends to be an older crowd on Holland America but you will get an older crowd on any cruiseline if you go in the off season, when the kids are back in school. Being empty nesters, we do like the quiet of the ships in the off season.
Old June 29th, 2003, 08:55 AM
SaraHaynes

Definitely Holland America.

HAL and Princess have the best reputations in Alaska. Celebrity is a late comer to Alaska and doesn't quite have the touch yet that Princess and HAL have.

I have done RCCL and Celebrity in Alaska and compared to Princess and HAL, they don't even come close to providing the "Alaska Experience" that Princess and HAL provide.

Go with a line that is experienced in Alaska.
Old June 30th, 2003, 05:27 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: HAL vs Celebrity

You can't go wrong with either one! We've been really pleased overall with both cruise lines. We generally book Celebrity for the itineraries and for a much lower cost, but I am going to book a HAL cruise for 2004.

Linda