Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Passenger

Default Celebrity Cruisetour Review

We had the time of our lives on our 12-day Celebrity cruisetour to Alaska aboard the Summit. Here's the URL where you'll find our review: http://www.geocities.com/summit_alaska2003/

Had planned to also upload photos, but it is terribly slow over our dial-up connection, so we may pass on that. But if anyone has any questions, will be happy to try to help.

Happy Cruising!
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Robbinsca

Default Thanks

Wonderful review- Thanks for many tips. We are going next summer around the same time and I learned a lot from your comments!
Old July 6th, 2003, 06:04 PM
SF Sharon

Default Re: Celebrity Cruisetour Review

I would like to know about the spa area. Did you use the thalossotherapy pool? Was it "adults only"? Was there a charge? (I don't mind a charge if it means fewer people will use it.) What was the temperature of the water? Is there a dry sauna, and if so, is it separated by gender or coed?
Old July 6th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Cruisetour Review

Hi Sharon,
The spa was absolutely wonderful!!! I could easily spend an entire week there. On the Summit (and I believe all m-class ships), the T-pool was free. It was comfortably warm (not hot). I believe it was a mineral/salt-water. It had lots of jets and was absolutely wonderful. There were also a couple of hot tubs in the aquaspa area.

The T-pool and its associated hot tubs are in an enclosed, nicely warm area, with windows all around. The Aquaspa Cafe is also in this area, and the food was out of this world. We ate lunch in there twice; what a treat!

Just off the T-pool area are dressing rooms, showers, and with a dry heat sauna. These are gender-specific and free of charge. The dry heat sauna has a large window - what a place to enjoy sail-away from port after active shore excursions!

There are separate charges for other spa services - massages, Persian Gardens (a group of co-ed aroma therapy type steam rooms that are simply glorious), etc.

The T-pool is limited to adults after a certain time. During the day, children are permitted only with adult supervision. We only saw a handful of children in the T-pool area, and they were all supervised and well-behaved. I never saw any children in the Persion Gardens or other areas of the spa. Because we had late seating for dinner, we did not use the spa at night, so I don't know if the evening age restriction was enforced or not.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!