Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Default Pre-ordering Liquor in cabins

On Celebrity, can I preorder liquor for my cabin? I would like to get a bottle of scotch and a bottle of Capt Morgan's Rum. If so, does anyone have a price list?

thanks,
marc
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Mattinla

Default Re: Pre-ordering Liquor in cabins

This is not a Celebrity option (unfortunately)... all hard liquor must be purchased as drinks from the bars.. however there may be a "catering" option if you had a suite and wanted to throw a party... And of course "officially" you are not allowed to bring a bottle on board for on board consumption.. but lots of people do sneek it on, of course.
Old July 9th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Josie

You can also order some liquors from their "gift selections" Check out their web-site for info.
Old July 9th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Pre-ordering Liquor in cabins

HI MARC,

We beat this topic to death on a weekly basis but it is one of my favorites. Put the bottles in your carry on or luggage (pack carefully and don't fly with them) and simply walk onboard. You have a right to privacy in your own cabin.

Have a Blast,

ROSS
Old July 9th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Hi Marc, didn't realize you were sailing on Celebrity soon. Unfortunately, Celebrity doesn't seem to have large bottles of liquor in the cabins. There should be some small ones in your mini-fridge but I'm not sure what types they usually are.

Here's the site where you can preorder alcohol for your cabin; I believe it's all wine and champagne though.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old July 9th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Michelle:

I am looking at potentially doing a west coast cruise Celebrity with my father. I am also just doing general research for possible future cruises.

I like the idea of catering the bottles as if for a party; that should work on any line.

Ross, I refuse to carry bottles of liquor. Ships are not much more expensive than the liquor stores plus a lot less bother.

Somebody, on one of the boards, posted a list of prices for bottles of liquor from room service. Maybe it was Princess. I thought this would be something Celebrity would do for sure.

thanks,
marc
Old July 10th, 2003, 09:01 AM
Admiral

I know there is a price list for the bottles in the mini-fridge but I don't have it. Maybe someone else will have saved it.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old July 11th, 2003, 03:12 AM
Mattinla

Default Re: Re: Re: Pre-ordering Liquor in cabins

Actually, someone was kind enough to send me a mini bar list from last summer..not sure if it would have changed, but last summer on the Infinity, mini bars were stocked just like a hotel mini bar, with your usual selection of mini bottle of premium vodka, scotch, bourbob, gin, light rum, plus bailey's and remy VSOP. All were $4.75 each except the remy at $6.25. There was also a $25.00 champagne split and bud, coors light and heineken ($3.45 to $4.25)..then sodas at $1.95, and premium waters and munchies at various prices...
Old July 11th, 2003, 09:02 AM
Admiral

I am looking for the big bottles. Can't you order a full bottle from room service?

marc
Old July 11th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

HI MARC,

I have cut my bar bills down from $1,000 per week. I like to entertain and the last cruise cost me a lot less by stocking my in-cabin bar. Carrying bottles onboard doesn't bother me in the least.

ROSS
Old July 12th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Pre-ordering Liquor in cabins

Carrying on doesn't bother us either - we also purchase mixed drinks in the public areas of the ship and occasionally order wine with dinner - so what we do bring stays in our cabin. We purchase what we want to take on-board at the point of departure - we do not bring with us on the flight(s).

Now if we could take immediate delivery of the liquor purchased in the ship's store to enjoy during the cruise, I'd never again carry-on....those prices are great.

Sharon
aka
Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=

Post Edited (07-12-03 11:11)
Old July 15th, 2003, 01:33 PM
KreinKrunker

You can not pre-order liquor for your cabin on Celebrity, like you can on Princess. But, you can send yourself a bon-voyage present from companies like www.wellwishers.com or www.theperfectgift.cc The cost is a little higher, but I have used Well Wishers to send a case of Bud Light to a sailing companion.

I have heard of people buying duty free on the ship, and the clerk has let them take it back to the room, in their own bag. I would imagine that the shop could not be very busy at the time if this was to happen.
Old July 16th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to marykellylo

We are landing in Heathrow and using the ship's transportation to get to Dover England where the ship departs. Are there opportunities to purchase wine to be carried on the ship on the trip from Heathrow to Dover? thanks.
Old July 16th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Admiral

I started this thread with a reasonable question. I refuse to let it degenrate into another "how do I break the rules" thread.

Moderator, please delete this thread.

thanks,
marc
Old July 21st, 2003, 04:32 PM
Jaybee

Last year, when we sailed on Infinity, we were able to pre-order liquor from the gift selection, but that doesn't seem to be an option anymore. Only wines, champagnes, gift packages, etc. That's OK with me. I'd pre-ordered gin and vodka, but only the vodka was in our room. It took me 2 days to get the other one, and it came from their on-board liquor store, where it sells for half what I paid for it originally. Such is life!
Old July 21st, 2003, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Jaybee:

Thanks. Only twice of duty free prices meant it was still probably reasonably priced. Do you know why Celebrity discontinued this practice?

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14