Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2003, 03:32 PM
hcat

Default Ft Laud Hotel post-cruise

We booked the Embassy suites on 17th St for our pre-cruise stay at an OK (not great) rate via yahoo travel. On our post cruise date , the rates are higher (into season) so we may choose another location. If we have to pay more, may as well get something different & maybe nicer. What is nicer : HYatt Regency or Marriot Marina or Hilton at the Airport (which would put us right at the airport the day of our flight)? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2003, 05:55 PM
JimC

Default Re: Ft Laud Hotel post-cruise

If you're staying post-cruise, it must be to see Fort Lauderdale. Why not stay on or near the beach. While not cheap, these places are nice: Marriott Harbor Beach Resort or Lago Mar Resort. Older and cheaper, but 1/2 of the hotel is on the beach: Sheraton Yankee Clipper. If you have time, be sure to take the Jungle Queen cruise around the "Venice of America" and see the muli-million dollar homes of the rich and famous along with their multi-million dollar yachts parked outside.
Old July 13th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Re: Ft Laud Hotel post-cruise

I HATED the Jungle Queen. Tacky, tacky, tacky, horrible food and you're trapped on an island with long retired (or tso they should have been) "entertaineers" and greasy spareribs and shrimp that hasn't seen the sea for at least 10 years for food. I tell everyone I know coming to Soth Florida to avoid it like poison.

Carole
Old July 13th, 2003, 09:40 AM
JimC

Default Re: Ft Laud Hotel post-cruise

Well I don't think it's quite as bad as you describe. I wouldn't take the dinner cruise, but the cruise itself is very interesting. An alternative, to avoid the stop at the Indian island, is to take the Carrie B which is pretty much an identical cruise but without that stop. It departs from Las Olas Blvd. I still highly recommend taking one of the cruises.